Xinhua Profile：Li Keqiang -- a reform-minded premier
BEIJING, March 16 (Xinhua) -- Nearly 3,000 deputies to the national legislature made their choice on Thursday, electing Xi Jinping as the leader of China and its military.
Long applause filled the Great Hall of the People as Xi was elected president of the People's Republic of China (PRC) and chairman of the PRC Central Military Commission.
- Where's the Beef? Getting Ready to Head to China From U.S.
- Uber China Boss Liu Zhen to Step Down
- Agricultural Bank of China's New York Branch Told to Improve Anti-laundering Measures
- China's Finance Ministry Mulls Trading in Government Bonds
- Caixin Factory PMI Edges Higher in September
- Spent-Fuel Issues Cloud China's Nuclear Push
- Domestic Cars' Quality Approaching That of Foreign Models, Expert Says
- SDR Entry Marks Beginning, Not End, of China's Arrival on World Financial Platform
- China's New Growth Model May Be Key to Tackling Global Climate Change
- China-Funded Nuclear Project in U.K. Gets Final Go-Ahead
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- WeChat Tests Feature Allowing Mobile Services Without Apps
- Forged Document Used in Soccer Team Purchase, Bank Says
- Baosteel-WISCO Merger Marks Beginning of Steel Industry Transformation
- IMF Official Expects Yuan to Increase SDR Interest Rate
- Mother's Killing Her 4 Children Reveals Cracks in Anti-Poverty Drive
- For Alibaba, India Is the New China
- Government Plans Massive Relocation to Fight Poverty
- Dongbei Special Steel Group Forced Into Bankruptcy
- Foreign Companies Still Trying to Break Into China's Investment Funds Market
- Booming Property Market Undercuts Attempts to Revitalize Industry