Xinhua Profile：Li Keqiang -- a reform-minded premier
BEIJING, March 16 (Xinhua) -- Nearly 3,000 deputies to the national legislature made their choice on Thursday, electing Xi Jinping as the leader of China and its military.
Long applause filled the Great Hall of the People as Xi was elected president of the People's Republic of China (PRC) and chairman of the PRC Central Military Commission.
- Banks Face Obstacles to Using Biometric Data for ID Purposes
- The Week in Photos: May 16-22
- Graphics: Migrant March Slows
- Will the capital's ban on smoking indoors that comes into effect on June 1 be effective?
- Views: Worth the Ride?
- The American Debate over Legal Accountability of Chinese Companies
- This is How it Really Sounds
- England's Yellow Peril
- A Search for Common Ground
- Vietnamese Brides
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Phone Maker Transsion Catches the African Beat
- Solar Panel Maker Suffering HK Share Sell-Off 'Failed to Repay Loans'
- The Big VIE Question
- Rain on CCTV's Moscow Parade Coverage
- China Unleashes Bonds to Tackle Local Debt
- Gov't Announces Plan to Upgrade Factories over Next Decade
- Tencent Expands Net Bank Experiment to 50,000 Social Media Users
- Public Hospitals to Be Opened to Investors, State Council Says
- Shanghai Transport Officials Move to Regulate Popular Taxi App
- Time for Reform Advocates to Step to the Fore