Xinhua Profile：Li Keqiang -- a reform-minded premier
BEIJING, March 16 (Xinhua) -- Nearly 3,000 deputies to the national legislature made their choice on Thursday, electing Xi Jinping as the leader of China and its military.
Long applause filled the Great Hall of the People as Xi was elected president of the People's Republic of China (PRC) and chairman of the PRC Central Military Commission.
- Zuckerberg Impresses Tsinghua Students with His Chinese, Even Talks Tech
- Rise and Fall of a Coal Boomtown in Shanxi Province
- Despite Ban, County Holds Convict Parade Days before Rule of Law Plenum
- Paris Expatriate
- Loft Horizon
- Fourth Plenum
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- Do you have faith in the central government's plans for cutting air pollution?
- Media Executive Who Ignored Mobile Internet Takes His Leave
- Chinese Firms 'Want to Build Bullet Trains for California Project'
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Yellow Pearls of China: Women with a PhD
- Graphics: Ghost Towns
- Researchers Cast Doubt on State Council Goals to Cut Air Pollution
- China Nears Deal with Mexico to Export Bullet Trains for First Time
- Eight Killed and 18 Injured in Riot in Kunming Suburb, Local Gov't Says
- Graphics: The Fourth Plenum
- Huge Vale Ship Arrived in Qingdao with 300,000 Tons of Iron Ore
- The Golden Lands: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand & Vietnam
- Revision of Securities Law Is Chance to Liberalize Market
- Silver Screen Industry Strikes Investor Gold