Xinhua Profile：Li Keqiang -- a reform-minded premier
BEIJING, March 16 (Xinhua) -- Nearly 3,000 deputies to the national legislature made their choice on Thursday, electing Xi Jinping as the leader of China and its military.
Long applause filled the Great Hall of the People as Xi was elected president of the People's Republic of China (PRC) and chairman of the PRC Central Military Commission.
- Confucius and the World He Created
- The Lost Novel
- Reinventing the Bicycle in Beijing
- Waiting for the Light
- Baidu, Hospital Association Squabble over Ad Charges
- Deadly Work
- China-U.S. Trade Engagement in Asia Could Be Win-Win
- Baosteel's Listed Arm Had Declines in Revenue, Net Profit in 2014
- Security Ministry Cancels 1.44 Mln Fake Hukou Documents
- Why Raising Retirement Age Is No Cure-All for Population Problems
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Kissinger: China, U.S. Must 'Lead in Cooperation'
- Yuan and Gold: Old Enemies Should Finally Become Friends
- Saudi Aramco's Supply to China Potentially Doubling
- New Agenda for China's Feared Family Planners
- Graphics: AIIB's Aims
- Who Is Prince Qing?
- Ex-Police Chief Held for Murder Said to Be Linked to Graft Case
- Sinophobia: Anxiety, Violence, and the Making of Mongolian Identity
- Amid Worsening Pollution, Gov't Moves toward Law on Ecotaxes
- Shrewd Smiles as Online Bankers Test New Tech