Xinhua Profile：Li Keqiang -- a reform-minded premier
BEIJING, March 16 (Xinhua) -- Nearly 3,000 deputies to the national legislature made their choice on Thursday, electing Xi Jinping as the leader of China and its military.
Long applause filled the Great Hall of the People as Xi was elected president of the People's Republic of China (PRC) and chairman of the PRC Central Military Commission.
- Beijing Migrants in Limbo Despite New Hukou Reform
- China Eases Pricing Rules on Public Hospitals
- Welcome Mat Fades for Taiwan Businesses
- China's Largest Private Shipbuilder to Cut 2,000 Jobs in 2016
- COSCO Shipping H1 Profits Sink 12 Pct Due to Freight Rate Slump
- Investment Dip Rains on China's Upbeat Economy
- Schoolgirl Dies of Heart Attack after Falling Prey to A Phone Scam that Syphoned Her Tuition Money
- Spring Air Fuels Expansion with 10 New Airbus Jets
- P2P Firms in China Get Wings Clipped by New Rules
- PBOC Official Xuan Changneng to Join CSRC to Assist the Chairman
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China Edges Closer to a Liquidity Trap
- Souring Business, Xenophobia Makes China Dream Lose Its Appeal for African Migrants
- First China Made Bullet Train Makes Maiden Trip
- China to Bring Back Equity Incentives for SOE Employees
- Farewell Medal Mania, Hello Sports Reform
- Dalian Wanda's Property Arm To Delist from Hong Kong in September
- China Behind on Plans to Trim Overcapacity
- Beijing Floats Extension of Debt-to-Equity Plan to Wider Range of Creditors
- Alibaba Rakes in Millions Selling Co-branding Rights to Double 11 Gala
- Can Baseball Finally Hit a Home Run in China?