Revenue from Five Major Real Estate Taxes Has Soared
(Beijing) – The combined revenue of five major taxes that are levied only on the real estate industry rose more than eleven-fold from 2003 to 2012, official statistics show.
Data from the Ministry of Finance and State Administration of Taxation show the figure rose from more than 90 billion yuan in 2003 to 1.01 trillion yuan last year.
These taxes are on property, urban-town land use, land value-added, arable land occupation and property ownership transfers.
- Why Do Foreign Brands 'Break Bad' in China?
- Sea of People
- UnionPay Said to Hand Payment Firms Hefty Fines over Illegal Operations
- CBRC Approves Three Private Banks as Part of Pilot
- The Week in Photos: July 19 – 25
- Another Headache for the EU: Ukraine's Separatists
- Courage to Liberty
- 60-Second News for July 25: Unemployment Statistics
- SAIC, Alibaba Agree to Cooperate on Internet-Enabled Cars
- Mountains Moved
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How the Hammer Falls as China Nails Corruption
- CNPC Continues to Be Hit by Scandal as Two More Executives Fall
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- Getting a Healthy Interest in Medical Tourism
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Qingdao Port Warehouse Receipts Forged with Phony Seals, Says Source
- Alibaba Said to Delay New York Listing until after Labor Day
- Graft Fight Will Take Years, U.S. Expert Says, but China Is Heading in Right Direction
- The Lost Soldier of Myitkyina
- Beijing Monorail Plan Earns Ire Among Residents