Revenue from Five Major Real Estate Taxes Has Soared
(Beijing) – The combined revenue of five major taxes that are levied only on the real estate industry rose more than eleven-fold from 2003 to 2012, official statistics show.
Data from the Ministry of Finance and State Administration of Taxation show the figure rose from more than 90 billion yuan in 2003 to 1.01 trillion yuan last year.
These taxes are on property, urban-town land use, land value-added, arable land occupation and property ownership transfers.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter