Revenue from Five Major Real Estate Taxes Has Soared
(Beijing) – The combined revenue of five major taxes that are levied only on the real estate industry rose more than eleven-fold from 2003 to 2012, official statistics show.
Data from the Ministry of Finance and State Administration of Taxation show the figure rose from more than 90 billion yuan in 2003 to 1.01 trillion yuan last year.
These taxes are on property, urban-town land use, land value-added, arable land occupation and property ownership transfers.
- Deadly Floods Reveal Gaps in Country's Disaster Management Capabilities, Official Says
- Private Investors Elbowed Out by High Borrowing Cost, Research Shows
- Property Markets in Top Tier Cities Continue to Sizzle in July
- Revival, Resistance for National Pension Push
- China Industrial Profit Growth Recovers to 6.2 Pct in H1
- Top Military Aide Guo Boxiong Sentenced to Life for Corruption
- Boom Time for Apps Offering Answers for All
- New Territory for Financial Oversight Reform
- Undervaluation Complaints Kill Baidu's Video Spin-Off
- Opera for All
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Electric-Vehicle Makers Hit By Battery Troubles After Foreign Players Fail to Make Govt. List
- China to Build Out 45,000 km High-Speed Rail Network
- Straw Man in the South China Sea
- Consumers Unlikely to Rescue China's Sputtering Economy
- Media Watch: Colonel Sanders Becomes Unexpected Victim of South China Sea Ruling
- Can Financial Unit Shuffling Stem SOE Red Ink?
- Investors Seek Liaoning Debt Boycott As Bond Default Battle Heats Up
- China Moves Closer to Lift QR Code Payments Ban
- Baidu Blames Third-Party Ad Agencies for Illicit Gambling Ads
- Anbang Defies Insurance Downturn With Surging Premiums