Revenue from Five Major Real Estate Taxes Has Soared
(Beijing) – The combined revenue of five major taxes that are levied only on the real estate industry rose more than eleven-fold from 2003 to 2012, official statistics show.
Data from the Ministry of Finance and State Administration of Taxation show the figure rose from more than 90 billion yuan in 2003 to 1.01 trillion yuan last year.
These taxes are on property, urban-town land use, land value-added, arable land occupation and property ownership transfers.
- Brexit: The View from China
- Central Bank Governor on Multiple Objectives and Challenges
- Transcript: PBOC Governor on Multi-Objective Monetary Policy
- Deadly Twister
- Intensifying Battle over Who Controls Vanke
- In Sino-African Resource Trade, China Needs a Mindful Approach
- The Illogic of Consumption as a Growth Driver
- Support Plan for Idled Industrial Workers
- Shanghai Taxi Service Clashes with Car-Hailers
- Digging Up Death, Extortion in China's Mines
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Views: What Do Chinese Women Think of Hillary Clinton?
- China Seeks Assurances Against Possible Debt Default by Venezuela
- Mother's Fight to Exonerate Executed Son Highlights Gaping Holes in Justice System
- Lackluster Sales Signal Xiaomi's Growing Pains
- China in Major Expansion of Yuan Conversion Pilot Program
- Lessons from South Korea for China's Economic Rebalancing Act
- Chinese High Speed Rail Builder Doubts U.S. Partner's Sincerity
- China Life Insurance Joins Race to Take Chinese Healthcare Provider off NASDAQ
- Investor Pain over Mobile Medical App Strain
- Anti-Corruption Drive, Frugality Campaign Sap Banks of VPs