Closer Look: What Should China Do with 18 Mln Pigs Carcasses Every Year?
More than 10,000 dead pigs have been pulled out of a Shanghai river that provides drinking water to 23 million people over two weeks, raising health concerns. Even worse, there have been reports that many dead pigs were processed and sent to people's dining tables.
Behind all of this is the issue of disposing of pigs that dies from disease, an area that regulators have long neglected.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter