New Hands Take the Financial Regulation Wheel
Who's steering China's carefully managed financial system? Speculators were busy name-guessing before and for several months after the Communist Party's 18th National Congress in November.
Finally, the dust started to settle with formal appointments announced a few days after the National People's Congress session concluded in March. Additional appointments to regulatory and state-bank posts were expected soon.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter