Closer Look: State Media's Attacks on Apple Rotten to the Core, Academic Says
Apple Inc. has been heavily criticized by several state media outlets since mid-March, a campaign that a leading scholar says is a misallocation of media resources and something that can sour perceptions of the investment environment in China.
On March 15, CCTV aired a popular annual consumer protection program that this year was critical of the after-care service offered by Apple. The show also criticized other foreign and domestic companies.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter