China's Next Yao Ming?
Zou Shiming is a man with a thousand names this week. Known variously by his growing international entourage as Zoo, Zow, Zoe, Joe, Joo and Jow (and that's before we even get to his given name), the boxer courteously responds to all and sundry with an infectious smile, and willingly answers the same questions over and over again, always giving full and thoughtful soundbites.
It's this understated charm that may actually turn out to be more useful to Zou and his team than his boxing talents, which, after winning three Olympic medals (2 gold, 1 bronze), are already legendary.
- Air-Scrubbing Tower Gives Beijingers Breathing Room
- Companies Rush to Seek Permission to Form Mutual Fund Management Firms
- China Vanke Assists Top Anti-Graft Body in Probe of Claims That Subsidiary Arranged Junkets
- Postal Savings Bank of China to Sell 320 Million More Shares in Hong Kong IPO
- Ping An Bank Selects Candidates For Two New Top Positions
- Asia Needs to Spell Out Changes They Want in International Monetary System
- Wal-Mart, JD.com Cozy Up as Singles Day Nears
- WTO Backs China's Complaint About U.S.' 'Dumping' Tariffs
- Online Travel Site Qunar Agrees to $4.44 Billion Buyout
- China's Largest Cities Attracting Fewer Migrants, Study Shows
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- In Syngenta Bid, ChemChina Follows Buyout Formula
- PBOC Orders 17 Banks to Curb Housing Loans
- Chinese Workers' Salaries Fail to Keep Pace with GDP Growth, Study Finds
- Air China Jet Flies in Wrong Direction after Takeoff
- Forced Demolition Behind Building Collapse that Killed 22: Residents
- Government to Move 100 Million Farmers to Cities by 2020 in Major Urbanization Push
- Holiday-Season Ticket Sales See First Decline In Nearly Decade
- Gap Between Outbound Direct Investment, Foreign Direct Investment Continues to Grow
- Ban on Passenger X-ray Scans at Chengdu Airport After Outcry
- China Export Growth Slides 10% in September