China's Next Yao Ming?
Zou Shiming is a man with a thousand names this week. Known variously by his growing international entourage as Zoo, Zow, Zoe, Joe, Joo and Jow (and that's before we even get to his given name), the boxer courteously responds to all and sundry with an infectious smile, and willingly answers the same questions over and over again, always giving full and thoughtful soundbites.
It's this understated charm that may actually turn out to be more useful to Zou and his team than his boxing talents, which, after winning three Olympic medals (2 gold, 1 bronze), are already legendary.
- Central Bank Cuts Benchmark Lending Rate
- A Passage to India
- Hike in Train Ticket Prices This Year 'Unlikely After All'
- Graphics: Sino-Australian Trade Deal
- Another Hebei Official Is Targeted by Corruption Investigators
- Closer Look: Gov't Wants Proactive Tax Policies, but Ends Up with a Problem
- China-U.S. Investment Treaty Would Strengthen Economic Relations
- Top Prosecutor's Office Plans New Body to Better Fight Corruption
- Exercise Caution
- Book: Living Karma: The Religious Practices of Ouyi Zhixu
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Visa, MasterCard Confront China's Stacked Deck
- Chinese Developers' Projects in Malaysia Run into Series of Snags
- Some Shanghai FTZ Reform Ideas Introduced to Rest of Country
- At Factory Waste Ponds, Fumes Choke Fantasies
- Closer Look: Why Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect Was One-Way Road
- The Low Official Found with Towering Pile of Cash, Gold and Properties
- Graft Busters Find another Cash Pile, but Family Denies Corruption
- Gov't Gives Academics Failing Grade for Fraud in Research Funding
- Closer Look: Sales Soar, but Alibaba Frets over Delivery, Time Zone Issues
- Canceled Mexican Rail Contract Gives Chinese Firms Chance to Reflect