China's Next Yao Ming?
Zou Shiming is a man with a thousand names this week. Known variously by his growing international entourage as Zoo, Zow, Zoe, Joe, Joo and Jow (and that's before we even get to his given name), the boxer courteously responds to all and sundry with an infectious smile, and willingly answers the same questions over and over again, always giving full and thoughtful soundbites.
It's this understated charm that may actually turn out to be more useful to Zou and his team than his boxing talents, which, after winning three Olympic medals (2 gold, 1 bronze), are already legendary.
- A Five-Minute History of Hong Kong
- High Risk
- Fighting for Breath
- Graphic: Level of Distrust
- Forsaking the Fluff, China Joins the Cloud
- Media Watch: Xinhua, People's Daily in Rare Tussle, over Rate Cuts
- Watchdog Repeats Order to Remove Net TV Apps from E-Stores
- Peng Visits Delhi
- iPhone 6 Launch
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- UnionPay, Apple Said to Agree on U.S. Firm's New Payment Technology
- Coming to Grips with Ammonia in China's Haze
- After Years of Dominance, UnionPay's Enemies Arrive at the Gates
- New-Energy Car Market Is Open Road, BYD CEO Wang Chuanfu Says
- Closer Look: Alibaba's Looming IPO Sends Shockwaves through Bourses at Home, Abroad
- Amid Market Downtown, China's Developers Dig In
- PBOC Punishes Payment Companies for Mishandling Bank Card Transactions
- Media Outlet Blackmailed over 100 Companies, Xinhua Reports
- The Long Journey to the Rule of Law
- Nudging China toward Overall Governance Reform