China's Next Yao Ming?
Zou Shiming is a man with a thousand names this week. Known variously by his growing international entourage as Zoo, Zow, Zoe, Joe, Joo and Jow (and that's before we even get to his given name), the boxer courteously responds to all and sundry with an infectious smile, and willingly answers the same questions over and over again, always giving full and thoughtful soundbites.
It's this understated charm that may actually turn out to be more useful to Zou and his team than his boxing talents, which, after winning three Olympic medals (2 gold, 1 bronze), are already legendary.
- The Hard Luck of the Persecution Machine
- Krakatau: The Tale of Lampung Submerged
- Monkey Hunting
- Home Library
- In Plans for Rural Exodus, Policymakers Must Factor in Inequality
- Caixin Summit
- Going Underground
- Experts at Caixin Summit Discuss Challenges Confronting Economic Growth
- Gov't Fleshes Out Reform to Gaokao System
- Coastal Sprawl and a Last Stand for Wetlands
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China, Russia Near Deal for Wide-Body Aircraft
- China Mobile's Dead End on the 3G Highway
- The Parenting Trap of Cultural Patterns
- Tesla's China VP Steps Down After 9-Month Stint
- Welcome to the New Normal in China
- Executed Teen Found Innocent 18 Years Later
- CRCC to Join Bid for Singapore-Kuala Lumpur Link
- Former SOE Head Handed Death Sentence for Fraud Scheme
- Indian Court Blocks Xiaomi Phone Sales
- Another PLA Officer Said to Run Afoul of Anti-Graft Investigators