China's Next Yao Ming?
Zou Shiming is a man with a thousand names this week. Known variously by his growing international entourage as Zoo, Zow, Zoe, Joe, Joo and Jow (and that's before we even get to his given name), the boxer courteously responds to all and sundry with an infectious smile, and willingly answers the same questions over and over again, always giving full and thoughtful soundbites.
It's this understated charm that may actually turn out to be more useful to Zou and his team than his boxing talents, which, after winning three Olympic medals (2 gold, 1 bronze), are already legendary.
- China's Workers Earned More in 2014, but Percent Raises Shrank
- Big Blast
- China Telecom Confirms Severed Cables Caused Alipay Disruption
- The 'Liquidity Trap' with Chinese Characteristics
- Graphics: Expansion Expectations
- China Uses Drones to Monitor Pollution Problem from Above
- Experts Question Alipay's Backup Plans after Long Glitch
- Parents in Capital Angry at Recruiting Changes for Top Primary Schools
- A Prince's Legacy
- Emissions from Nation's Incineration Plants 'Surpass Standards'
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Solar Panel Maker Suffering HK Share Sell-Off 'Failed to Repay Loans'
- The Big VIE Question
- South China Sea Issue Is Litmus Test for Sino-U.S. Relationship
- China Unleashes Bonds to Tackle Local Debt
- Rescue in the Works for Indebted Sinosteel
- Residents of Beijing Community Renew Protest against Waste Incineration Plant
- Banks Face Obstacles to Using Biometric Data for ID Purposes
- Party's 'United Front' Meeting Said to Be Aimed at Earning Reform Support
- Be Prepared to Pass the Test of Fed's Moves
- Developer Probed for Web of Floor Space Fraud