China's Next Yao Ming?
Zou Shiming is a man with a thousand names this week. Known variously by his growing international entourage as Zoo, Zow, Zoe, Joe, Joo and Jow (and that's before we even get to his given name), the boxer courteously responds to all and sundry with an infectious smile, and willingly answers the same questions over and over again, always giving full and thoughtful soundbites.
It's this understated charm that may actually turn out to be more useful to Zou and his team than his boxing talents, which, after winning three Olympic medals (2 gold, 1 bronze), are already legendary.
- Themed Dining
- Oil Giants Less Aggressive with Foreign Purchases Last Year
- Amid Graft Fight, Communist Party Wants Count of 'Unnatural Deaths'
- Closer Look: It's a Good Thing Taobao's Tussle with Regulator Spilled into Daylight
- Sinking Feeling
- Shenzhen's Circuit Breaker for Power Pricing
- Taobao, Gov't Get Real Testy over Fake Goods Accusations
- Shanghai Official Urges More Couples to Have Second Child
- Chinese Cities Go off Rails in Effort to Attract New Train Stations
- Water Works
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Scandal-Hit GlaxoSmithKline 'to Lay Off 1,000 Employees in China'
- Gov't Had Reservations about Selling Stake in Citic Ltd. to Foreigners
- China Boots Up an Internet Banking Industry
- Caught in Rising China's Centrifuge
- Downfall of Party Internet Policeman 'Helped Lead to National Cleanup Campaign'
- Two-Thirds of Provinces Say They Missed GDP Growth Targets in 2014
- Embattled Founder Securities 'Cannot Reach Its Chairman'
- Provincial, Regional Gov'ts Prepare for a More Frugal Future
- Lanzhou Shames CNPC Unit for Pollution Crises
- Banks Trying Direct Route to Online Future