China's Next Yao Ming?
Zou Shiming is a man with a thousand names this week. Known variously by his growing international entourage as Zoo, Zow, Zoe, Joe, Joo and Jow (and that's before we even get to his given name), the boxer courteously responds to all and sundry with an infectious smile, and willingly answers the same questions over and over again, always giving full and thoughtful soundbites.
It's this understated charm that may actually turn out to be more useful to Zou and his team than his boxing talents, which, after winning three Olympic medals (2 gold, 1 bronze), are already legendary.
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- Do you have faith in the central government's plans for cutting air pollution?
- Media Executive Who Ignored Mobile Internet Takes His Leave
- Chinese Firms 'Want to Build Bullet Trains for California Project'
- Outspoken Real Estate Boss Says He Is Retiring
- Investors Kick Tires on Auction Websites for Second-Hand Cars
- Courageous Steps Needed to Develop Rule of Law
- Luxury Complex
- Beyond Bars
- Caixin Podcast: Apple's Cloud of Suspicion
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Yellow Pearls of China: Women with a PhD
- Graphics: Ghost Towns
- Researchers Cast Doubt on State Council Goals to Cut Air Pollution
- China Nears Deal with Mexico to Export Bullet Trains for First Time
- Eight Killed and 18 Injured in Riot in Kunming Suburb, Local Gov't Says
- Graphics: The Fourth Plenum
- Huge Vale Ship Arrived in Qingdao with 300,000 Tons of Iron Ore
- Revision of Securities Law Is Chance to Liberalize Market
- The Golden Lands: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand & Vietnam
- Silver Screen Industry Strikes Investor Gold