China's Next Yao Ming?
Zou Shiming is a man with a thousand names this week. Known variously by his growing international entourage as Zoo, Zow, Zoe, Joe, Joo and Jow (and that's before we even get to his given name), the boxer courteously responds to all and sundry with an infectious smile, and willingly answers the same questions over and over again, always giving full and thoughtful soundbites.
It's this understated charm that may actually turn out to be more useful to Zou and his team than his boxing talents, which, after winning three Olympic medals (2 gold, 1 bronze), are already legendary.
- Privilege Gap
- In Wednesday's Papers: Shenzhen Police Raid Offices of Video Streaming Firm, Gov'ts Made 4.2 Tln Yuan on Land Sales in 2013
- Does U.S. electric car maker Tesla Motors have a bright future in China?
- Budget Law Revision Proposes Letting Local Gov'ts Issue Bonds
- Recharging Network Is Priority over Production in China, Tesla CEO says
- Fight against Corruption Complements Reform Drive
- Detective Work by Group in 'Black Jail' Claim Leads to Trial
- In Tuesday's Papers: Central Bank Cuts Deposit Reserve Ratio for Rural Lenders, Everbright Group's Executive Becomes CIC Vice President
- Closer Look: How Chinese Consumers Helped Gold Prices to Slump
- Properly Secured
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Long Goodbye
- Officials in Shanxi Scramble to Sort out Steelmaker's Debt Mess
- Shiller: What We Can Learn from Past Crises
- How Telecom Graft in China Tripped Up Telstra
- Jack Ma's 6.5 Bln Yuan Bachelor Party
- Stephen Roach: China, U.S. Headed in Opposite Directions
- The Search for the Chinese Workers Who Helped Build America
- Graft Inquiry at CNPC Uncovers Shady Deal Involving Productive Oil Block
- CNPC Pushes ahead with Controversial Sichuan Refinery Project
- P2P Lenders Heading into Dangerous Waters, Critics Say