China's Next Yao Ming?
Zou Shiming is a man with a thousand names this week. Known variously by his growing international entourage as Zoo, Zow, Zoe, Joe, Joo and Jow (and that's before we even get to his given name), the boxer courteously responds to all and sundry with an infectious smile, and willingly answers the same questions over and over again, always giving full and thoughtful soundbites.
It's this understated charm that may actually turn out to be more useful to Zou and his team than his boxing talents, which, after winning three Olympic medals (2 gold, 1 bronze), are already legendary.
- A Byronic Hero for China's Supremo
- Opium and Empire
- The Bear Whispers to Me
- Chinese Student Fashion Statements
- MasterCard Plots Course on Changes to China's Payment Infrastructure
- Germany's Daimler Fined for Price-Fixing Cars
- Stuck in the Mud
- Kevin Rudd: Realism, Purpose for Sino-U.S. Ties
- Graft Probe Uncovers Dark Screen at Anhui TV
- Venturing into Online Education
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China's Big Reserves of Grain Come with Equally Big Problems
- Why Chinese Hospitals Are Boycotting Baidu
- China to Open Bank Card Clearing to Foreign Competition
- Mayo Clinic-Invested Company to Open General Hospital in Beijing
- Saudi Aramco Still Ambitious in Slowing China
- China's Anti-Corruption Drive: Don't Stop Now
- Saudi Aramco's Al-Falih on China Collaboration
- CDB and EXIM Bank to Receive Capital Injections from Forex Reserves
- The Looming Bankruptcy of Greece
- Free-Trade Pilot Program Expanded to Tianjin, Fujian and Guangdong