China's Next Yao Ming?
Zou Shiming is a man with a thousand names this week. Known variously by his growing international entourage as Zoo, Zow, Zoe, Joe, Joo and Jow (and that's before we even get to his given name), the boxer courteously responds to all and sundry with an infectious smile, and willingly answers the same questions over and over again, always giving full and thoughtful soundbites.
It's this understated charm that may actually turn out to be more useful to Zou and his team than his boxing talents, which, after winning three Olympic medals (2 gold, 1 bronze), are already legendary.
- G20 Showcases China's New Global Role
- Microsoft dumps MSN China
- NGO questions Xinxiang's claim it bought all cadmium-laced wheat
- Bank of Tianjin loses 2 top executives
- Sany first-half profit tumbles 48.6 in first half
- China considers allowing plea bargaining
- Governments, businesses consider cross-country gas pipeline
- 15 coal mines to close in Shanxi this year
- Wanda Cinema first-half profits up 28 percent
- 'Avengers' directors to partner with Huayi brothers
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Despite Gains in HDI, China Needs More Reform for Inclusive Growth, UN Says
- Souring Business, Xenophobia Makes China Dream Lose Its Appeal for African Migrants
- Beijing Floats Extension of Debt-to-Equity Plan to Wider Range of Creditors
- Reform's Response to the Money Supply Warning
- Mainland chips away at Taiwan's dominance in semiconductor business
- Welcome Mat Fades for Taiwan Businesses
- Why Official Claim on Services Driving China's Economy is Misleading
- Kobe Bryant Invests in China Education Firm
- Beijing Migrants in Limbo Despite New Hukou Reform
- China's Rail Project in Indonesia Gets Construction Permit