China's Next Yao Ming?
Zou Shiming is a man with a thousand names this week. Known variously by his growing international entourage as Zoo, Zow, Zoe, Joe, Joo and Jow (and that's before we even get to his given name), the boxer courteously responds to all and sundry with an infectious smile, and willingly answers the same questions over and over again, always giving full and thoughtful soundbites.
It's this understated charm that may actually turn out to be more useful to Zou and his team than his boxing talents, which, after winning three Olympic medals (2 gold, 1 bronze), are already legendary.
- 60-Second News for July 25: Unemployment Statistics
- SAIC, Alibaba Agree to Cooperate on Internet-Enabled Cars
- Mountains Moved
- Taiwan Crash
- Princely Barge
- Sheila Patel: Investors Should Be 'Positive' about China Stocks
- Focus of Graft Fight Must Move from Party to Nation, Professor Argues
- Silencing the Spokesman for the Establishment
- Book: Running Through Beijing
- Exhibition: A Parallel Tale
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How the Hammer Falls as China Nails Corruption
- CNPC Continues to Be Hit by Scandal as Two More Executives Fall
- Gov't Selects Six SOEs for New Round of Pilot Reforms
- Getting a Healthy Interest in Medical Tourism
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Qingdao Port Warehouse Receipts Forged with Phony Seals, Says Source
- Alibaba Has Big Hopes for New Big Data Processing Service
- Alibaba Said to Delay New York Listing until after Labor Day
- Graft Fight Will Take Years, U.S. Expert Says, but China Is Heading in Right Direction