China's Next Yao Ming?
Zou Shiming is a man with a thousand names this week. Known variously by his growing international entourage as Zoo, Zow, Zoe, Joe, Joo and Jow (and that's before we even get to his given name), the boxer courteously responds to all and sundry with an infectious smile, and willingly answers the same questions over and over again, always giving full and thoughtful soundbites.
It's this understated charm that may actually turn out to be more useful to Zou and his team than his boxing talents, which, after winning three Olympic medals (2 gold, 1 bronze), are already legendary.
- The Waistland
- Cyanide Found in Dog Meat Sold to Restaurants, Zhejiang Court Hears
- In Paris, It's All about Growth
- Gov't Policies Actually Encourage Risky Investing Abroad
- Weeping Ceiling
- Insurance Firms Stop Online Sales, as Regulator Takes Long Look
- The Upright Magistrates
- Film: Tell Me a Beautiful World
- Exhibition: After Time
- Graphics: Going Mobile
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Closer Look: JD.com Sees Its High Hopes for WeChat Fall Short
- Zhou Family Legacy: Thick Blood, Fat Profits
- Four Shanghai Customs Officials Nabbed by Party Graft Buster
- Zhou Yongkang's Early Years
- Closer Look: Anti-Corruption Czar Makes Noteworthy Appearance at CPPCC Meeting
- Zhou Yongkang Used Start in Oil Industry to Rise to Public Security Czar
- Chinese Tycoons, Stars Take up Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS
- Deng Xiaoping Gave Double Boost to Reform Efforts, Economist Says
- Retired NDRC Pricing Official 'Detained at Beijing Airport'
- The Best Way to Remember Deng Xiaoping