Sales of Land for Residential Use Soar in Q1
(Beijing) – The value of land for residential use sold in the capital in the first quarter was more than 85 percent of the total for all of last year, a report by a real estate services company says.
DTZ said on April 9 that 19 plots of residential land were sold for 26.2 billion yuan in Beijing in the first three months of the year.
The company predicted that developers would continue buying land this year. It cited a Ministry of Land and Resources statement in March that said local governments should increase the supply of land for housing. The ministry also said the total supply this year should not be less that the average land supply over the last five years.
- The Waistland
- Cyanide Found in Dog Meat Sold to Restaurants, Zhejiang Court Hears
- In Paris, It's All about Growth
- Gov't Policies Actually Encourage Risky Investing Abroad
- Weeping Ceiling
- Insurance Firms Stop Online Sales, as Regulator Takes Long Look
- The Upright Magistrates
- Film: Tell Me a Beautiful World
- Exhibition: After Time
- Graphics: Going Mobile
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Zhou Yongkang's Early Years
- Zhou Family Legacy: Thick Blood, Fat Profits
- Closer Look: Anti-Corruption Czar Makes Noteworthy Appearance at CPPCC Meeting
- Zhou Yongkang Used Start in Oil Industry to Rise to Public Security Czar
- Chinese Tycoons, Stars Take up Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS
- Deng Xiaoping Gave Double Boost to Reform Efforts, Economist Says
- Retired NDRC Pricing Official 'Detained at Beijing Airport'
- Haier's New Look: 'Micro-Enterprise' Platform
- More Officials in Scandal-Hit Shanxi Come under CDIC Scrutiny
- No Free Rides in Iraq