Sales of Land for Residential Use Soar in Q1
(Beijing) – The value of land for residential use sold in the capital in the first quarter was more than 85 percent of the total for all of last year, a report by a real estate services company says.
DTZ said on April 9 that 19 plots of residential land were sold for 26.2 billion yuan in Beijing in the first three months of the year.
The company predicted that developers would continue buying land this year. It cited a Ministry of Land and Resources statement in March that said local governments should increase the supply of land for housing. The ministry also said the total supply this year should not be less that the average land supply over the last five years.
- More than 21,000 Couples in Capital Apply to Have Second Baby
- Central Gov't Said to Plan Pilot Reform of Rural Asset Ownership
- Big Umbrella
- Abe Protest
- Lost in Translation
- Graphics: Fully Loaded
- Can Doctors Cut the Public Hospital Cord?
- Local Gov't Criticized for Linking Blood Donations to Middle School Test
- The Week in Photos: September 20 – 26
- Goodbye Lenin
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Alibaba's IPO Was Huge, but Analysts Say Investors Have Reasons to Worry
- After Overseas Rush, Chinese Firms' Iron Ore Projects Run into Trouble
- A Chinese Dream in America
- Adobe to Shutter China Operations in October, Employees Say
- Graphic: Alibaba's Big Deal
- HK Tycoons Defend Giant Gift to Harvard's Medical School
- Gov't Again Tries Trimming the Fat by Slashing Pay of SOE Executives
- CCTV Airs Program on Conditions for Fallen Officials in Guangdong Prison
- How Chinese Universities Can Learn the Largesse Game
- Aviation Giant 'Plans Firm to Focus on Engine Design, Production'