Another Sichuan Businessman Investigated for Graft
(Beijing) – A Sichuan property developer is being investigated by Communist Party anti-corruption officials, a source close to the situation says, the third billionaire to come under such scrutiny in the province this year.
Deng Hong, chairman of Chengdu Exhibition & Travel Group (ETG), was being investigated over corruption linked to land deals, the source said. It was unclear what specific organization was handling the inquiry.
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How the Hammer Falls as China Nails Corruption
- CNPC Continues to Be Hit by Scandal as Two More Executives Fall
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Alibaba Said to Delay New York Listing until after Labor Day
- Graft Fight Will Take Years, U.S. Expert Says, but China Is Heading in Right Direction
- Sheila Patel: Investors Should Be 'Positive' about China Stocks
- The Lost Soldier of Myitkyina
- CDB Said to Get 1 Tln Yuan to Back Shantytown Renovation
- Why Do Foreign Brands 'Break Bad' in China?