Closer Look: The COSCO Maelstrom
Shipping giant China COSCO Holdings Co. Ltd. announced March 28 that the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) would tag the company's shares for "special treatment." The measure is used to warn investors of a company's possible delisting after a company reports two straight years of losses.
In 2011, COSCO lost 10.4 billion yuan, and it posted annual losses of 9.56 billion yuan in 2012, marking the second straight year the company reported a loss.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter