Expert Opposes Handing Out Forex Reserves to China's Citizens
(Beijing) – There has been much discussion recently about making more efficient use of the country's foreign exchange reserve, which has climbed to more than US$ 3.4 trillion as of April.
One eye-catching idea advocates directly handing out the reserve to the people.
However, Zhang Bin, a research fellow at the Institute of World Economics and Politics, which is under the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, opposes the proposal. He stated his ideas in an article published by China Reform, a Chinese-language sister magazine of this publication.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter