Expert Opposes Handing Out Forex Reserves to China's Citizens
(Beijing) – There has been much discussion recently about making more efficient use of the country's foreign exchange reserve, which has climbed to more than US$ 3.4 trillion as of April.
One eye-catching idea advocates directly handing out the reserve to the people.
However, Zhang Bin, a research fellow at the Institute of World Economics and Politics, which is under the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, opposes the proposal. He stated his ideas in an article published by China Reform, a Chinese-language sister magazine of this publication.
- Black Holes
- Mecca: The Sacred City
- Graphics: China's Overworked Workers
- Capital's Gov't Says Subway Fares Will Double Starting December
- Despite Minor Disputes, Ties with China Best in History, German Envoy Says
- "Happiest People"
- Wal-Mart Says It Has Laid Off 28 Managers, 90 Others
- Robot Waiter
- Nanning Stabbings
- Another Brother in Prominent Shanxi Family Is Target of Graft Investigation
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Low Official Found with Towering Pile of Cash, Gold and Properties
- Clearing the Air with a Sino-U.S. Climate Pact
- At Factory Waste Ponds, Fumes Choke Fantasies
- Justin Lin Ignores Population Factor with Growth Predictions
- Canceled Mexican Rail Contract Gives Chinese Firms Chance to Reflect
- Websites Offering Subtitles for Foreign TV Shows, Movies Shut Down
- China Needs All-Out Effort to Meet Emissions Goals, Experts Say
- A Passage to India
- Court to Rehear 1996 Murder Case that Ended with Suspect's Execution
- Scientists Issue Warning over Development of Coastal Wetlands