E-commerce Company Goes Empire Building
(Beijing) -- After six months of talks, on April 29 leading Internet portal Sina Corp. announced a partnership with the country's largest e-commerce company, Alibaba Group.
Alibaba agreed to a US$ 586 million investment in Sina Weibo, Sina's Twitter-like service. The deal is the largest equity purchase so far in China's internet industry.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter