Alibaba Subsidiary Lets SMEs Hedge against Yuan Fluctuations
(Beijing) – A subsidiary of Alibaba Group has introduced a service that allows small and medium-sized companies (SMEs) trading on its platform to hedge against risks from yuan exchange rate fluctuations.
That service has long been available at domestic banks, but only companies with a sizeable turnover can enjoy it, said Xiao Feng, deputy general manager of Shenzhen OneTouch Enterprise Service Co. Ltd., the subsidiary that serves SMEs trading with foreign businesses.
- Revival, Resistance for National Pension Push
- China Industrial Profit Growth Recovers to 6.2 Pct in H1
- Top Military Aide Guo Boxiong Sentenced to Life for Corruption
- Boom Time for Apps Offering Answers for All
- New Territory for Financial Oversight Reform
- Undervaluation Complaints Kill Baidu's Video Spin-Off
- Opera for All
- China Proposes Global Tax System at G20 Meeting
- Hebei Suspends Four Officials After Deadly Floods
- China Sovereign Fund Posts Loss on Foreign Assets
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Electric-Vehicle Makers Hit By Battery Troubles After Foreign Players Fail to Make Govt. List
- China to Build Out 45,000 km High-Speed Rail Network
- Straw Man in the South China Sea
- Consumers Unlikely to Rescue China's Sputtering Economy
- Media Watch: Colonel Sanders Becomes Unexpected Victim of South China Sea Ruling
- Can Financial Unit Shuffling Stem SOE Red Ink?
- Investors Seek Liaoning Debt Boycott As Bond Default Battle Heats Up
- Baidu Blames Third-Party Ad Agencies for Illicit Gambling Ads
- China Moves Closer to Lift QR Code Payments Ban
- Anbang Defies Insurance Downturn With Surging Premiums