Alibaba Subsidiary Lets SMEs Hedge against Yuan Fluctuations
(Beijing) – A subsidiary of Alibaba Group has introduced a service that allows small and medium-sized companies (SMEs) trading on its platform to hedge against risks from yuan exchange rate fluctuations.
That service has long been available at domestic banks, but only companies with a sizeable turnover can enjoy it, said Xiao Feng, deputy general manager of Shenzhen OneTouch Enterprise Service Co. Ltd., the subsidiary that serves SMEs trading with foreign businesses.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter