Alibaba Subsidiary Lets SMEs Hedge against Yuan Fluctuations
(Beijing) – A subsidiary of Alibaba Group has introduced a service that allows small and medium-sized companies (SMEs) trading on its platform to hedge against risks from yuan exchange rate fluctuations.
That service has long been available at domestic banks, but only companies with a sizeable turnover can enjoy it, said Xiao Feng, deputy general manager of Shenzhen OneTouch Enterprise Service Co. Ltd., the subsidiary that serves SMEs trading with foreign businesses.
- Wrecking Ball
- Soccer Team, Major Sponsor Get Shirty over Jersey Change
- Advocate for Transplant Reform Not Done Yet
- Scandal at Aviation Regulator Widens as Another Official Investigated
- China Must Show Resolve in Combating Terrorism
- Leaky Pipes
- Chairman of Securities Firm's HK Subsidiary 'Missing for Six Days'
- Xi, Li Express Their Support for Developing Robotics Industry
- Banks' Total Value of Bad Loans Rises for 16th Straight Quarter
- Alibaba Said to Be Taking Stake in Publisher of HK Newspaper
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Country's First Cruise Ship Heads to Port for Final Time
- How a New Idea for Revamping the Economy Is Taking Shape
- Official Figures for Major Smog Pollutant Last Year 'Off by Half'
- China Eyes More Muscle for Market Supervision
- Chinese Gov't 'Causes an Investment Gap with U.S.'
- The Real Drivers of China's New Culture Movement
- Wang Jianlin on Why the Wanda Phenomenon Works
- Why the IMF's Likely Recognition of the Yuan Will Matter
- Party Graft Buster Announces Inquiry into CSRC Official
- Scandal-Hit Citic Securities Says Its Party Head Will Retire