Dalian Wanda Group Dreams Big, Then Bigger
(Beijing) -- Covering business in commercial properties, luxury hotels, tourism and entertainment, Dalian Wanda Group is among the fastest growing private companies in China.
The company has expanded rapidly both at home and abroad. Last year, Wanda paid US$ 2.6 billion to acquire the U.S. cinema chain AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc., giving it a foothold in North America's film industry. This year, the company is reportedly in talks with two European cinema chains for potential acquisition.
- Modi's India Awaits China's Xi
- After Years of Dominance, UnionPay's Enemies Arrive at the Gates
- 500 Bln Yuan Question: Is PBOC Going to Ease Liquidity for Certain Banks?
- Scotland Referendum
- Myanmar Heroin
- Cloudy River
- Typhoon Kalmaegi
- Harvest Announces Closed-End Fund to Invest in Sinopec Sales Company
- Thieves' Large Haul Puts Two City Officials in Crosshairs of Graft Inspectors
- Nudging China toward Overall Governance Reform
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Spectre of Corruption Haunts Huawei
- Will Education Firm New Oriental Learn or Lose?
- UnionPay, Apple Said to Agree on U.S. Firm's New Payment Technology
- Coming to Grips with Ammonia in China's Haze
- Gov't Again Cracks Down on Schools for Migrant Workers' Children
- Closer Look: Alibaba's Looming IPO Sends Shockwaves through Bourses at Home, Abroad
- New-Energy Car Market Is Open Road, BYD CEO Wang Chuanfu Says
- PBOC Punishes Payment Companies for Mishandling Bank Card Transactions
- Media Outlet Blackmailed over 100 Companies, Xinhua Reports
- Gov't Cobbles Together Funding for Slum Renovation Projects