Dalian Wanda Group Dreams Big, Then Bigger
(Beijing) -- Covering business in commercial properties, luxury hotels, tourism and entertainment, Dalian Wanda Group is among the fastest growing private companies in China.
The company has expanded rapidly both at home and abroad. Last year, Wanda paid US$ 2.6 billion to acquire the U.S. cinema chain AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc., giving it a foothold in North America's film industry. This year, the company is reportedly in talks with two European cinema chains for potential acquisition.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China Eyes Yuan Outflows in Battle Against Sinking Currency
- China Tries to Rein In 'Barbarian Growth' of Shadow Banking
- Chinese Regulators Fail to Recognize Extent of Bad Bank Loans, Survey Shows
- New 'Two-Child Policy' Driving Mini Baby Boom in China
- Beijing's Push to Curb Population Growth Hits Snag
- More Expatriates Get OK to Open 'Free-Trade Accounts'
- Beijing Proposes New Rules on Derivatives
- Northern Intercity Rail Network Gets Planners' Go-Ahead
- Shanghai, Tianjin Tighten Home-Purchase Rules
- Central Bank's Move to Push Single-Logo Cards Boosts UnionPay