Dalian Wanda Group Dreams Big, Then Bigger
(Beijing) -- Covering business in commercial properties, luxury hotels, tourism and entertainment, Dalian Wanda Group is among the fastest growing private companies in China.
The company has expanded rapidly both at home and abroad. Last year, Wanda paid US$ 2.6 billion to acquire the U.S. cinema chain AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc., giving it a foothold in North America's film industry. This year, the company is reportedly in talks with two European cinema chains for potential acquisition.
- Caixin Podcast: Apple's Online Payment Moves in China
- Caixin Podcast: Fare Enough for Beijing's Subways?
- Organ Transplants Enter New Phase of Donations, Official Says
- Underground Disturbance
- Home Burial
- Closer Look: So Apple and Alipay Are Getting Married? Not So Fast
- Job Websites Adapt to Changing Industry by Targeting Individuals, Special Groups
- Graphic: Rising Tide of Investment
- Closer Look: CSRC Should Review Its Approvals-Based IPO System
- China's Growing Private Sector
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Rise and Fall of a Coal Boomtown in Shanxi Province
- Chinese Comfort Women: Testimonies from Imperial Japan's Sex Slaves
- Researchers Cast Doubt on State Council Goals to Cut Air Pollution
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- What is Authoritarianism?
- Zuckerberg Impresses Tsinghua Students with His Chinese, Even Talks Tech
- For China's Property Market, All Is Not Lost
- Alibaba Shopping Site Red-Faced after Number of Phone Orders Faked
- Cai Jinyong: A Chinese Voice at the Top of IFC
- Ministry Said to Propose Local Gov'ts Issuing Bonds to Cover Debts