Dalian Wanda Group Dreams Big, Then Bigger
(Beijing) -- Covering business in commercial properties, luxury hotels, tourism and entertainment, Dalian Wanda Group is among the fastest growing private companies in China.
The company has expanded rapidly both at home and abroad. Last year, Wanda paid US$ 2.6 billion to acquire the U.S. cinema chain AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc., giving it a foothold in North America's film industry. This year, the company is reportedly in talks with two European cinema chains for potential acquisition.
- Central Bank Cuts Benchmark Lending Rate
- A Passage to India
- Hike in Train Ticket Prices This Year 'Unlikely After All'
- Graphics: Sino-Australian Trade Deal
- Another Hebei Official Is Targeted by Corruption Investigators
- Closer Look: Gov't Wants Proactive Tax Policies, but Ends Up with a Problem
- China-U.S. Investment Treaty Would Strengthen Economic Relations
- Top Prosecutor's Office Plans New Body to Better Fight Corruption
- Exercise Caution
- Book: Living Karma: The Religious Practices of Ouyi Zhixu
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Visa, MasterCard Confront China's Stacked Deck
- Chinese Developers' Projects in Malaysia Run into Series of Snags
- The Low Official Found with Towering Pile of Cash, Gold and Properties
- At Factory Waste Ponds, Fumes Choke Fantasies
- Some Shanghai FTZ Reform Ideas Introduced to Rest of Country
- Closer Look: Why Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect Was One-Way Road
- Graft Busters Find another Cash Pile, but Family Denies Corruption
- Gov't Gives Academics Failing Grade for Fraud in Research Funding
- Canceled Mexican Rail Contract Gives Chinese Firms Chance to Reflect
- Closer Look: Sales Soar, but Alibaba Frets over Delivery, Time Zone Issues