Dalian Wanda Group Dreams Big, Then Bigger
(Beijing) -- Covering business in commercial properties, luxury hotels, tourism and entertainment, Dalian Wanda Group is among the fastest growing private companies in China.
The company has expanded rapidly both at home and abroad. Last year, Wanda paid US$ 2.6 billion to acquire the U.S. cinema chain AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc., giving it a foothold in North America's film industry. This year, the company is reportedly in talks with two European cinema chains for potential acquisition.
- 60-Second News for July 22: Typhoon Rammasun
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Increased Oil Imports 'Spur Rise in Shipping Costs, Plans to Build More Ships'
- Graft Fight Will Take Years, U.S. Expert Says, but China Is Heading in Right Direction
- Helicopter Crash
- Yunnan Mudslide
- The Week in Photos: July 12- 18
- Meat Supplier Puts McDonald's, KFC in Food Safety Spotlight Again
- Graphics: Dangerous Airspace
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- CCTV Financial News Anchor Rui Chenggang Is Detained
- Gov't Selects Six SOEs for New Round of Pilot Reforms
- Qingdao Port Warehouse Receipts Forged with Phony Seals, Says Source
- Getting a Healthy Interest in Medical Tourism
- Alibaba Has Big Hopes for New Big Data Processing Service
- Why Congress Should Pass the EB-5 Regional Center Extension Act
- The Lost Soldier of Myitkyina
- Beijing Monorail Plan Earns Ire Among Residents
- Graphics: What Does US$ 100 Mean to Expatriates Around the World?
- WH Group Hits out Against 'Defamatory' Accusations