Dalian Wanda Group Dreams Big, Then Bigger
(Beijing) -- Covering business in commercial properties, luxury hotels, tourism and entertainment, Dalian Wanda Group is among the fastest growing private companies in China.
The company has expanded rapidly both at home and abroad. Last year, Wanda paid US$ 2.6 billion to acquire the U.S. cinema chain AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc., giving it a foothold in North America's film industry. This year, the company is reportedly in talks with two European cinema chains for potential acquisition.
- Confucius and the World He Created
- The Lost Novel
- Reinventing the Bicycle in Beijing
- Waiting for the Light
- Baidu, Hospital Association Squabble over Ad Charges
- Deadly Work
- China-U.S. Trade Engagement in Asia Could Be Win-Win
- Baosteel's Listed Arm Had Declines in Revenue, Net Profit in 2014
- Security Ministry Cancels 1.44 Mln Fake Hukou Documents
- Why Raising Retirement Age Is No Cure-All for Population Problems
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Kissinger: China, U.S. Must 'Lead in Cooperation'
- Yuan and Gold: Old Enemies Should Finally Become Friends
- Saudi Aramco's Supply to China Potentially Doubling
- New Agenda for China's Feared Family Planners
- Who Is Prince Qing?
- Graphics: AIIB's Aims
- Ex-Police Chief Held for Murder Said to Be Linked to Graft Case
- Sinophobia: Anxiety, Violence, and the Making of Mongolian Identity
- Amid Worsening Pollution, Gov't Moves toward Law on Ecotaxes
- Shrewd Smiles as Online Bankers Test New Tech