Dalian Wanda Group Dreams Big, Then Bigger
(Beijing) -- Covering business in commercial properties, luxury hotels, tourism and entertainment, Dalian Wanda Group is among the fastest growing private companies in China.
The company has expanded rapidly both at home and abroad. Last year, Wanda paid US$ 2.6 billion to acquire the U.S. cinema chain AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc., giving it a foothold in North America's film industry. This year, the company is reportedly in talks with two European cinema chains for potential acquisition.
- Record Number of Applicants in China Vie for 'Iron Rice Bowl' Jobs
- Chinese State-Owned Shipping Company Declared Bankrupt
- China's SOE Supervisor Gets Tough on Corruption
- Li Ka-shing Company to Tune Out Satellite TV Channel
- China to Conduct Second National Pollution Survey
- Li Ka-shing Sells Shanghai Commercial Complex for 20 Billion Yuan
- China's Industrial Profit Growth Slows; Ferrous Metal Sector Surges
- New Regulations Target Bad Loans of 'Zombie Enterprises'
- Closer Look: Future Looks Brighter for Insurance Companies' Third-Party Asset Managers
- Several Local Pensions Funds to Be Ready to Invest in Equity Market Before End of Year
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Chinese Workers' Salaries Fail to Keep Pace with GDP Growth, Study Finds
- Shanghai Seeks to Enforce Ban on Overseas Curricula at International Schools
- Air China Jet Flies in Wrong Direction after Takeoff
- Air-Scrubbing Tower Gives Beijingers Breathing Room
- China's Largest Cities Attracting Fewer Migrants, Study Shows
- Holiday-Season Ticket Sales See First Decline In Nearly Decade
- Gap Between Outbound Direct Investment, Foreign Direct Investment Continues to Grow
- Poor Parenting Hinders Development of China's Rural Children, Study Shows
- Xiaomi Unveils New Smartphones as Apple and Samsung Falter
- Debt-To-Equity Can't Be The Only Way to Deal With Corporate Debt