Dalian Wanda Group Dreams Big, Then Bigger
(Beijing) -- Covering business in commercial properties, luxury hotels, tourism and entertainment, Dalian Wanda Group is among the fastest growing private companies in China.
The company has expanded rapidly both at home and abroad. Last year, Wanda paid US$ 2.6 billion to acquire the U.S. cinema chain AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc., giving it a foothold in North America's film industry. This year, the company is reportedly in talks with two European cinema chains for potential acquisition.
- The Fall of Language in the Age of English
- Ticket to Childhood
- Taking the Next Step in Power Industry Reform
- Protesting Times
- Knives Out
- Men Have Better Chance than Women to Get Job Interview, Study Finds
- Party Legend's Son Denies He Is De Facto Head of Insurance Firm
- Alibaba's Bickering with Gov't Saps Investor Confidence
- Tencent Tops List of China's Most Valuable Brands
- The Little Red Book Turns 50
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Scandal-Hit GlaxoSmithKline 'to Lay Off 1,000 Employees in China'
- Gov't Had Reservations about Selling Stake in Citic Ltd. to Foreigners
- China Boots Up an Internet Banking Industry
- Caught in Rising China's Centrifuge
- Two-Thirds of Provinces Say They Missed GDP Growth Targets in 2014
- Downfall of Party Internet Policeman 'Helped Lead to National Cleanup Campaign'
- Lanzhou Shames CNPC Unit for Pollution Crises
- Embattled Founder Securities 'Cannot Reach Its Chairman'
- Banks Trying Direct Route to Online Future
- Gov't Digs Into Soil Pollution Problem with Proposal for New Standards