Dissecting Shuanghui's Big Deal with Smithfield Foods
(Shanghai) – Chinese meat processing giant Shuanghui International Holdings Ltd.'s US$ 4.72 billion acquisition of Smithfield Foods is set to become the largest Chinese investment in the United States.
The deal, announced on May 29, offered US$ 34 for each Smithfield share, a 31 percent premium of the previous day's trading price. Shuanghui also agreed to take over Smithfield's US$ 2.4 billion in debt.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter