Alibaba Tries Team Approach in Bid to Build Logistics Network
(Beijing) – After years of trying to address its logistics problems, Alibaba Group has changed its game plan. In late May, the e-commerce giant and a group of partners announced they were establishing a company to build their own logistics network to cover the entire country.
With registered capital of 5 billion yuan, the Cainiao, or Rookie, Network was set up in Shenzhen by Alibaba, Yintai Holdings, Fosun Group, Forchn Holdings and five major delivery companies.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter