Closer Look: A Heartening Endorsement of the Market from the Very Top
The State Council on June 19 came up with a whole package of policy measures designed to strengthen the support the financial industry gave to the transformation and upgrading of the economy.
It was hardly an original move: the government rolls out policies more frequently and with greater intensity in times of economic difficulties. This has happened before.
- ChemChina’s Purchase of Syngenta Held Up by European Antitrust Review
- Postal Savings Bank of China Falls on Hong Kong Exchange as Stabilization Period Ends
- Unfounded Media Reports on New 'High-Income' Tax Bracket Cause Stir
- Regulators Beef Up Curbs on Property Developers' Efforts to Generate Funds
- Australian Government Panel Approves Chinese Group's Offer for Vitamin Maker
- JD.com Fires 10 Employees for Graft
- Management Changes, Police Probe Highlight Difficulties Facing Ping An Bank
- HNA Buys 25% Stake in Hilton for $6.5 Billion
- Transparency, Better Institutions Needed to Push Anti-Corruption Drive Forward
- Closer Look: Is Cutting Steel Overcapacity Working as Well As it Appears?
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Chinese Workers' Salaries Fail to Keep Pace with GDP Growth, Study Finds
- Air China Jet Flies in Wrong Direction after Takeoff
- Air-Scrubbing Tower Gives Beijingers Breathing Room
- China's Largest Cities Attracting Fewer Migrants, Study Shows
- Holiday-Season Ticket Sales See First Decline In Nearly Decade
- Gap Between Outbound Direct Investment, Foreign Direct Investment Continues to Grow
- Poor Parenting Hinders Development of China's Rural Children, Study Shows
- Debt-To-Equity Can't Be The Only Way to Deal With Corporate Debt
- Online Travel Site Qunar Agrees to $4.44 Billion Buyout
- Senior Party Officials Indicted for Corruption Appear in New TV Show