Closer Look: A Heartening Endorsement of the Market from the Very Top
The State Council on June 19 came up with a whole package of policy measures designed to strengthen the support the financial industry gave to the transformation and upgrading of the economy.
It was hardly an original move: the government rolls out policies more frequently and with greater intensity in times of economic difficulties. This has happened before.
- The Fight or Flight Response
- In Friday's Papers: Tencent Closes Dozens of WeChat Public Accounts, Six Dead in Knife Attack in Changsha Market
- Central Bank Tells Companies to Delay Issuing E-Credit Cards
- Missing MH370
- The Bible and Asia: From the Pre-Christian Era to the Postcolonial Age
- Rising Sun, Falling Shadow
- Fakes on Fire
- State Grid Invites Private Investors to Build Charging Stations for E-Cars
- It Is Time to Stand Up for the EU
- Businessman Facing Australian Insider Trading Case Seeks Asylum in HK
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Eyes on the Prize
- Li Ka-shing's Remedy for 'Coddled' HK
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Caixin Explains: How MH370 Should Have Been Able to Send Emergency Message
- Li Ka-shing: Continued Progress Depends on Embracing Technology
- Graphics: Rich Representatives
- Five Pairs of Companies Chosen for Private Banking Program
- Caixin Explains: What Are E-Credit Cards and How Do They Work?
- Private Banks in Pilot Will Have Four Models to Choose From
- In Friday's Papers: IBM Workers Strike over Lenovo Deal; Ordos Will Stop Building Homes, Mayor Says