Welcome to 'Democracy with Orwellian Characteristics'
Wake up, defenders of Internet freedom: we're already living in a new world.
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange tried to remind governments all over the world that in the end, they have no secrets from their citizens. But when Edward Snowden revealed that the National Security Agency (NSA) has been conducting surveillance on the Internet through a program called Prism, he had a very different message. Snowden warned citizens all over the world that in the end, they are the ones who have no secrets from their governments.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter