Welcome to 'Democracy with Orwellian Characteristics'
Wake up, defenders of Internet freedom: we're already living in a new world.
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange tried to remind governments all over the world that in the end, they have no secrets from their citizens. But when Edward Snowden revealed that the National Security Agency (NSA) has been conducting surveillance on the Internet through a program called Prism, he had a very different message. Snowden warned citizens all over the world that in the end, they are the ones who have no secrets from their governments.
- The Hard Luck of the Persecution Machine
- Krakatau: The Tale of Lampung Submerged
- Monkey Hunting
- Home Library
- In Plans for Rural Exodus, Policymakers Must Factor in Inequality
- Caixin Summit
- Going Underground
- Experts at Caixin Summit Discuss Challenges Confronting Economic Growth
- Gov't Fleshes Out Reform to Gaokao System
- Coastal Sprawl and a Last Stand for Wetlands
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China Mobile's Dead End on the 3G Highway
- The Parenting Trap of Cultural Patterns
- Tesla's China VP Steps Down After 9-Month Stint
- Executed Teen Found Innocent 18 Years Later
- Welcome to the New Normal in China
- CRCC to Join Bid for Singapore-Kuala Lumpur Link
- Former SOE Head Handed Death Sentence for Fraud Scheme
- Auto Dealers Adjust to Click-and-Drive Trend
- Another PLA Officer Said to Run Afoul of Anti-Graft Investigators
- Indian Court Blocks Xiaomi Phone Sales