Central Bank Will Address Liquidity at Proper Time, Zhou Says
(Shanghai) – The central bank will adjust liquidity at the proper time to ensure market stability, its governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, says.
The comments, made at the Lujiazui Financial Forum on June 28, come as a capital crunch has rattled China's financial system for weeks.
"On one hand, the central bank will guide financial institutions for reasonable credit issuance and asset arrangement to support structural adjustment and upgrading of the real economy," Zhou said. "On the other hand, it will adopt various instruments and measures to adjust market liquidity to ensure overall stability."
- Chinese Comfort Women: Testimonies from Imperial Japan's Sex Slaves
- The Dog
- Zuckerberg Impresses Tsinghua Students with His Chinese, Even Talks Tech
- Rise and Fall of a Coal Boomtown in Shanxi Province
- Despite Ban, County Holds Convict Parade Days before Rule of Law Plenum
- Paris Expatriate
- Loft Horizon
- Fourth Plenum
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- Do you have faith in the central government's plans for cutting air pollution?
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Yellow Pearls of China: Women with a PhD
- Graphics: Ghost Towns
- China Nears Deal with Mexico to Export Bullet Trains for First Time
- Researchers Cast Doubt on State Council Goals to Cut Air Pollution
- Graphics: The Fourth Plenum
- Huge Vale Ship Arrived in Qingdao with 300,000 Tons of Iron Ore
- The Golden Lands: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand & Vietnam
- Alibaba Shopping Site Red-Faced after Number of Phone Orders Faked
- Silver Screen Industry Strikes Investor Gold
- Is There Trouble in Sino-Russian Paradise?