Central Bank Will Address Liquidity at Proper Time, Zhou Says
(Shanghai) – The central bank will adjust liquidity at the proper time to ensure market stability, its governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, says.
The comments, made at the Lujiazui Financial Forum on June 28, come as a capital crunch has rattled China's financial system for weeks.
"On one hand, the central bank will guide financial institutions for reasonable credit issuance and asset arrangement to support structural adjustment and upgrading of the real economy," Zhou said. "On the other hand, it will adopt various instruments and measures to adjust market liquidity to ensure overall stability."
- More than 21,000 Couples in Capital Apply to Have Second Baby
- Central Gov't Said to Plan Pilot Reform of Rural Asset Ownership
- Big Umbrella
- Abe Protest
- Lost in Translation
- Graphics: Fully Loaded
- Can Doctors Cut the Public Hospital Cord?
- Local Gov't Criticized for Linking Blood Donations to Middle School Test
- The Week in Photos: September 20 – 26
- Goodbye Lenin
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Alibaba's IPO Was Huge, but Analysts Say Investors Have Reasons to Worry
- After Overseas Rush, Chinese Firms' Iron Ore Projects Run into Trouble
- A Chinese Dream in America
- Adobe to Shutter China Operations in October, Employees Say
- Graphic: Alibaba's Big Deal
- HK Tycoons Defend Giant Gift to Harvard's Medical School
- Gov't Again Tries Trimming the Fat by Slashing Pay of SOE Executives
- CCTV Airs Program on Conditions for Fallen Officials in Guangdong Prison
- How Chinese Universities Can Learn the Largesse Game
- Aviation Giant 'Plans Firm to Focus on Engine Design, Production'