Central Bank Will Address Liquidity at Proper Time, Zhou Says
(Shanghai) – The central bank will adjust liquidity at the proper time to ensure market stability, its governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, says.
The comments, made at the Lujiazui Financial Forum on June 28, come as a capital crunch has rattled China's financial system for weeks.
"On one hand, the central bank will guide financial institutions for reasonable credit issuance and asset arrangement to support structural adjustment and upgrading of the real economy," Zhou said. "On the other hand, it will adopt various instruments and measures to adjust market liquidity to ensure overall stability."
- 60-Second News for July 22: Typhoon Rammasun
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Increased Oil Imports 'Spur Rise in Shipping Costs, Plans to Build More Ships'
- Graft Fight Will Take Years, U.S. Expert Says, but China Is Heading in Right Direction
- Helicopter Crash
- Yunnan Mudslide
- The Week in Photos: July 12- 18
- Meat Supplier Puts McDonald's, KFC in Food Safety Spotlight Again
- Graphics: Dangerous Airspace
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- CCTV Financial News Anchor Rui Chenggang Is Detained
- Gov't Selects Six SOEs for New Round of Pilot Reforms
- Qingdao Port Warehouse Receipts Forged with Phony Seals, Says Source
- Getting a Healthy Interest in Medical Tourism
- Alibaba Has Big Hopes for New Big Data Processing Service
- Why Congress Should Pass the EB-5 Regional Center Extension Act
- The Lost Soldier of Myitkyina
- Beijing Monorail Plan Earns Ire Among Residents
- Graphics: What Does US$ 100 Mean to Expatriates Around the World?
- WH Group Hits out Against 'Defamatory' Accusations