Central Bank Will Address Liquidity at Proper Time, Zhou Says
(Shanghai) – The central bank will adjust liquidity at the proper time to ensure market stability, its governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, says.
The comments, made at the Lujiazui Financial Forum on June 28, come as a capital crunch has rattled China's financial system for weeks.
"On one hand, the central bank will guide financial institutions for reasonable credit issuance and asset arrangement to support structural adjustment and upgrading of the real economy," Zhou said. "On the other hand, it will adopt various instruments and measures to adjust market liquidity to ensure overall stability."
- Caught in Rising China's Centrifuge
- Gov't Orders End to Sending Blood Samples Abroad for Fetus Sex Checks
- Capital Said to Plan Residence Permit System to Address Benefits Inequality
- Reserved Parking
- The New Capital of Bio-Tech and Life Sciences
- Young at Art
- Bumper Harvest
- Embattled Founder Securities 'Cannot Reach Its Chairman'
- Fantasy Islands: Chinese Dreams and Ecological Fears in an Age of Climate Crisis
- Shanghai Future: Modernity Remade
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- HR Boss of Major Telecoms Supplier 'Missing after Making Graft Allegations'
- Samsung Loses Connection with Chinese Consumers in 2014
- Scandal-Hit GlaxoSmithKline 'to Lay Off 1,000 Employees in China'
- Mao's Winding Road to Socialism
- Year after Launch of Shanghai FTZ, Three New Zones Set to Open
- PBOC Hits Back at Criticism of Currency Swap Deal with Russia
- China Boots Up an Internet Banking Industry
- Provincial, Regional Gov'ts Prepare for a More Frugal Future
- Gov't to Give Employees 60 Pct Pay Hike as Part of Pension Reform
- Banks Trying Direct Route to Online Future