Central Bank Will Address Liquidity at Proper Time, Zhou Says
(Shanghai) – The central bank will adjust liquidity at the proper time to ensure market stability, its governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, says.
The comments, made at the Lujiazui Financial Forum on June 28, come as a capital crunch has rattled China's financial system for weeks.
"On one hand, the central bank will guide financial institutions for reasonable credit issuance and asset arrangement to support structural adjustment and upgrading of the real economy," Zhou said. "On the other hand, it will adopt various instruments and measures to adjust market liquidity to ensure overall stability."
- Closer Look: Jingdong Gives Alibaba Some Company in Financial Industry
- In Wednesday's Papers: Railroad Line Lacking Environmental Approval to Still Open, HSBC to Sell Stake in Bank of Shanghai
- Central Bank, CBRC Split on Including Rural Lenders in Deposit Plan
- Closer Look: Annual Work Conference Picks Up Where Plenum Left Off
- Junk Blockade
- Planned IPO Reform Is Reason for Hope
- In Tuesday's Papers: Economic Work Conference Starts in Capital, Officials Will Be Graded on More than Economy
- Industry Waits to See Whether China Mobile and Apple Will Finally Make a Deal
- Why the PBOC Took the Regulatory Lead on Bitcoins
- Closer Look: Lunar Rover Is One Small Step Forward for China's Space Program
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Yi Gang: China's Forward-Thinking Forex Chief
- As U.S. Refuses a Dirty Fuel, China Only Too Ready to Increase Imports
- Coal Industry Finds Itself at a Crossroads
- Tough Timing
- Evergrande Partners with Harvard to Build Hospital in China
- Sina Corp., Investment Fund Management Firms Mull Net Sales
- Ruins of Urbanization
- In Friday's Papers: China, U.S. to Enhance Cooperation on Shale Gas; Wang Qishan 'May Only Serve Five Years'
- PBOC Said to Be Talking to Major Banks about Deposit Insurance
- Closer Look: Visit by Cameron Focuses on Trade and Investment