Central Bank Will Address Liquidity at Proper Time, Zhou Says
(Shanghai) – The central bank will adjust liquidity at the proper time to ensure market stability, its governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, says.
The comments, made at the Lujiazui Financial Forum on June 28, come as a capital crunch has rattled China's financial system for weeks.
"On one hand, the central bank will guide financial institutions for reasonable credit issuance and asset arrangement to support structural adjustment and upgrading of the real economy," Zhou said. "On the other hand, it will adopt various instruments and measures to adjust market liquidity to ensure overall stability."
- In Thursday's Papers: Bitcoin Site Starts Trading another Virtual Currency, Kindergartens Accused of Giving Children Prescription Drugs
- Gov't Can Be Flexible in Handling of Growth Target, Li Says as NPC Ends
- Court Derails China's Plans to Help Build Railroad in Thailand
- Closer Look: Looking Ahead to Liberalized Deposit Yields
- China Citic Made Real Good Decision on Virtual Credit Cards
- New York Explosion
- Lianghui Quotes: March 12
- In Wednesday's Papers: 19 Domestic Insurers Affected by Missing Flight, First Audit of Gov't Land Sales Due Early Next Year
- Caixin Explains: What Are E-Credit Cards and How Do They Work?
- Private Banks in Pilot Will Have Four Models to Choose From
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Eyes on the Prize
- Li Ka-shing's Remedy for 'Coddled' HK
- Zhou Family Was Influential in Jiangsu City before Corruption Inquiry
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Caixin Explains: How MH370 Should Have Been Able to Send Emergency Message
- Caixin Explains: The 'Lianghui' Meetings
- China to Grow at 7.5 Pct and Focus on Reforms, Premier Says
- U.S. Economy, Regulatory Approach Reaching Higher Ground, Policy Veteran Volcker Says
- Li Ka-shing: Continued Progress Depends on Embracing Technology
- Graphics: Rich Representatives