Central Bank Will Address Liquidity at Proper Time, Zhou Says
(Shanghai) – The central bank will adjust liquidity at the proper time to ensure market stability, its governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, says.
The comments, made at the Lujiazui Financial Forum on June 28, come as a capital crunch has rattled China's financial system for weeks.
"On one hand, the central bank will guide financial institutions for reasonable credit issuance and asset arrangement to support structural adjustment and upgrading of the real economy," Zhou said. "On the other hand, it will adopt various instruments and measures to adjust market liquidity to ensure overall stability."
- In Thursday's Papers: Dongguan Sees Slower Growth after Sex Trade Crackdown, Another China Resources Executive Investigated for Graft
- The 'Ifs' that Could Prevent Tragedies in Regulators' Offices
- Tencent's Deal for SK Entertainment Firm Has Star Potential, Investor Says
- Slashing Sand
- All (European) Politics Is National
- Northwestern Chinese City Counts Cost of Major Water Pollution Scandal
- Privilege Gap
- In Wednesday's Papers: Shenzhen Police Raid Offices of Video Streaming Firm, Gov'ts Made 4.2 Tln Yuan on Land Sales in 2013
- Does U.S. electric car maker Tesla Motors have a bright future in China?
- Budget Law Revision Proposes Letting Local Gov'ts Issue Bonds
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Long Goodbye
- Officials in Shanxi Scramble to Sort out Steelmaker's Debt Mess
- How Telecom Graft in China Tripped Up Telstra
- Shiller: What We Can Learn from Past Crises
- Jack Ma's 6.5 Bln Yuan Bachelor Party
- Stephen Roach: China, U.S. Headed in Opposite Directions
- Detective Work by Group in 'Black Jail' Claim Leads to Trial
- Graft Inquiry at CNPC Uncovers Shady Deal Involving Productive Oil Block
- The Search for the Chinese Workers Who Helped Build America
- P2P Lenders Heading into Dangerous Waters, Critics Say