Central Bank Will Address Liquidity at Proper Time, Zhou Says
(Shanghai) – The central bank will adjust liquidity at the proper time to ensure market stability, its governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, says.
The comments, made at the Lujiazui Financial Forum on June 28, come as a capital crunch has rattled China's financial system for weeks.
"On one hand, the central bank will guide financial institutions for reasonable credit issuance and asset arrangement to support structural adjustment and upgrading of the real economy," Zhou said. "On the other hand, it will adopt various instruments and measures to adjust market liquidity to ensure overall stability."
- Scientists Issue Warning over Development of Coastal Wetlands
- Clearing the Air with a Sino-U.S. Climate Pact
- Rate Cuts Will Give Short-Term Boost to Property Sales, Analysts Say
- Heshan Stabbing
- Built to Blast
- Views: Assessing APEC
- China Takes Another Step toward Capital Freedom
- Will the lower benchmark lending interest rate mean reduced borrowing costs for companies?
- Cuts to Benchmark Interest Rates Will Squeeze Banks' Profits, Analysts Say
- Court to Rehear 1996 Murder Case that Ended with Suspect's Execution
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Low Official Found with Towering Pile of Cash, Gold and Properties
- At Factory Waste Ponds, Fumes Choke Fantasies
- Some Shanghai FTZ Reform Ideas Introduced to Rest of Country
- Closer Look: Why Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect Was One-Way Road
- Justin Lin Ignores Population Factor with Growth Predictions
- Canceled Mexican Rail Contract Gives Chinese Firms Chance to Reflect
- A Passage to India
- Sixth NEA Official This Year Is Investigated for Corruption
- Websites Offering Subtitles for Foreign TV Shows, Movies Shut Down
- Head of Troubled Li-Ning Co. Hands Baton to Company's Founder