Central Bank Will Address Liquidity at Proper Time, Zhou Says
(Shanghai) – The central bank will adjust liquidity at the proper time to ensure market stability, its governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, says.
The comments, made at the Lujiazui Financial Forum on June 28, come as a capital crunch has rattled China's financial system for weeks.
"On one hand, the central bank will guide financial institutions for reasonable credit issuance and asset arrangement to support structural adjustment and upgrading of the real economy," Zhou said. "On the other hand, it will adopt various instruments and measures to adjust market liquidity to ensure overall stability."
- Graphics: Migrant March Slows
- Will the capital's ban on smoking indoors that comes into effect on June 1 be effective?
- Views: Worth the Ride?
- The American Debate over Legal Accountability of Chinese Companies
- This is How it Really Sounds
- England's Yellow Peril
- A Search for Common Ground
- Vietnamese Brides
- Party's 'United Front' Meeting Said to Be Aimed at Earning Reform Support
- Cloud of Smoke: Capital's Smokers Burn 14 Cigarettes a Day
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Solar Panel Maker Suffering HK Share Sell-Off 'Failed to Repay Loans'
- Why Xinjiang's Economy Is Sputtering
- Kevin Rudd: Answering the Peaceful Rise Question
- Phone Maker Transsion Catches the African Beat
- The Big VIE Question
- Rain on CCTV's Moscow Parade Coverage
- China Unleashes Bonds to Tackle Local Debt
- Gov't Announces Plan to Upgrade Factories over Next Decade
- Tencent Expands Net Bank Experiment to 50,000 Social Media Users
- Public Hospitals to Be Opened to Investors, State Council Says