Central Bank Will Address Liquidity at Proper Time, Zhou Says
(Shanghai) – The central bank will adjust liquidity at the proper time to ensure market stability, its governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, says.
The comments, made at the Lujiazui Financial Forum on June 28, come as a capital crunch has rattled China's financial system for weeks.
"On one hand, the central bank will guide financial institutions for reasonable credit issuance and asset arrangement to support structural adjustment and upgrading of the real economy," Zhou said. "On the other hand, it will adopt various instruments and measures to adjust market liquidity to ensure overall stability."
- Lianghui Roundup: March 6
- Gov't Plans Budget Deficit of 1.62 Tln Yuan, Finance Ministry Says
- Why Gov't May Be Shifting Stance on Family Planning
- Taking Aim
- That's a Wrap
- NPC to Get Proposals for Clearing up Way Laws Are Enacted
- Speculation on CDIC Article about Corrupt Prince 'Ridiculous'
- Liem Sioe Liong's Salim Group: The Business Pillar of Suharto's Indonesia
- Paint by Numbers: China's Art Factory from Mao to Now
- Gov't Making Little Progress Cutting Links with 'Social Groups,' Report Says
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China's Factories Are Building a Robot Nation
- Can Market Mechanisms Clear China's Bad Air?
- Minsheng Tries Weathering a Maelstrom
- HR Head of Alcatel-Shanghai Bell 'Found Dead in Shanghai River'
- Three Private Shipping Companies Run into Financial Troubles
- Closer Look: Local Officials Have Little Love for National Hukou Reform
- Media Watch: Former Star Reporter Causes Stir with Smog Documentary
- State Patronage Divides Confucian Intellectuals
- Tourism Tensions Have HK Mulling Limits on Visitor Numbers
- Taiwan Gov't Tells Alibaba to Withdraw an Investment from Island