Central Bank Will Address Liquidity at Proper Time, Zhou Says
(Shanghai) – The central bank will adjust liquidity at the proper time to ensure market stability, its governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, says.
The comments, made at the Lujiazui Financial Forum on June 28, come as a capital crunch has rattled China's financial system for weeks.
"On one hand, the central bank will guide financial institutions for reasonable credit issuance and asset arrangement to support structural adjustment and upgrading of the real economy," Zhou said. "On the other hand, it will adopt various instruments and measures to adjust market liquidity to ensure overall stability."
- 'Important Information' vs. Information that Is Important
- Lenovo Completes US$ 2.91 Bln Deal to Buy Motorola Mobility
- Large Railroad Manufacturers Said to Consider Merger
- Village Remake
- APEC Preview
- Skies Overhead
- Two or Three Things about Mr. Lu Xun
- Film: The White Haired Witch of Lunar Kingdom
- Exhibition: The Past
- Wake up, Europe
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Rise and Fall of a Coal Boomtown in Shanxi Province
- Chinese Comfort Women: Testimonies from Imperial Japan's Sex Slaves
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- What is Authoritarianism?
- Zuckerberg Impresses Tsinghua Students with His Chinese, Even Talks Tech
- For China's Property Market, All Is Not Lost
- Cai Jinyong: A Chinese Voice at the Top of IFC
- 4 Chinese Ships Stuck in Mexico since May over Iron Ore Dispute
- Ministry Said to Propose Local Gov'ts Issuing Bonds to Cover Debts
- China Builds in Africa, but the Foundations Are Shallow