Central Bank Will Address Liquidity at Proper Time, Zhou Says
(Shanghai) – The central bank will adjust liquidity at the proper time to ensure market stability, its governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, says.
The comments, made at the Lujiazui Financial Forum on June 28, come as a capital crunch has rattled China's financial system for weeks.
"On one hand, the central bank will guide financial institutions for reasonable credit issuance and asset arrangement to support structural adjustment and upgrading of the real economy," Zhou said. "On the other hand, it will adopt various instruments and measures to adjust market liquidity to ensure overall stability."
- ChemChina's Purchase of Syngenta Held Up by European Antitrust Review
- Postal Savings Bank of China Falls on Hong Kong Exchange as Stabilization Period Ends
- Unfounded Media Reports on New 'High-Income' Tax Bracket Cause Stir
- Regulators Beef Up Curbs on Property Developers' Efforts to Generate Funds
- Australian Government Panel Approves Chinese Group's Offer for Vitamin Maker
- JD.com Fires 10 Employees for Graft
- Management Changes, Police Probe Highlight Difficulties Facing Ping An Bank
- HNA Buys 25% Stake in Hilton for $6.5 Billion
- Transparency, Better Institutions Needed to Push Anti-Corruption Drive Forward
- Closer Look: Is Cutting Steel Overcapacity Working as Well As it Appears?
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Chinese Workers' Salaries Fail to Keep Pace with GDP Growth, Study Finds
- Air China Jet Flies in Wrong Direction after Takeoff
- Air-Scrubbing Tower Gives Beijingers Breathing Room
- China's Largest Cities Attracting Fewer Migrants, Study Shows
- Holiday-Season Ticket Sales See First Decline In Nearly Decade
- Gap Between Outbound Direct Investment, Foreign Direct Investment Continues to Grow
- Poor Parenting Hinders Development of China's Rural Children, Study Shows
- Debt-To-Equity Can't Be The Only Way to Deal With Corporate Debt
- Online Travel Site Qunar Agrees to $4.44 Billion Buyout
- Senior Party Officials Indicted for Corruption Appear in New TV Show