Central Bank Will Address Liquidity at Proper Time, Zhou Says
(Shanghai) – The central bank will adjust liquidity at the proper time to ensure market stability, its governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, says.
The comments, made at the Lujiazui Financial Forum on June 28, come as a capital crunch has rattled China's financial system for weeks.
"On one hand, the central bank will guide financial institutions for reasonable credit issuance and asset arrangement to support structural adjustment and upgrading of the real economy," Zhou said. "On the other hand, it will adopt various instruments and measures to adjust market liquidity to ensure overall stability."
- China Must Show Resolve in Combating Terrorism
- Leaky Pipes
- Chairman of Securities Firm's HK Subsidiary 'Missing for Six Days'
- Xi, Li Express Their Support for Developing Robotics Industry
- Banks' Total Value of Bad Loans Rises for 16th Straight Quarter
- Alibaba Said to Be Taking Stake in Publisher of HK Newspaper
- Wang Jianlin on Why the Wanda Phenomenon Works
- The Week in Photos: Nov.14-20
- Closer Look: Why Official Goals for Natural Gas Use Are in Doubt
- Property Giant Evergrande Buys Half of Insurance Company
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Country's First Cruise Ship Heads to Port for Final Time
- How a New Idea for Revamping the Economy Is Taking Shape
- Official Figures for Major Smog Pollutant Last Year 'Off by Half'
- China Eyes More Muscle for Market Supervision
- Chinese Gov't 'Causes an Investment Gap with U.S.'
- The Real Drivers of China's New Culture Movement
- Why the IMF's Likely Recognition of the Yuan Will Matter
- Party Graft Buster Announces Inquiry into CSRC Official
- Scandal-Hit Citic Securities Says Its Party Head Will Retire
- Plan to Develop Two New Beijing Districts 'Flies in Face of Population Curbs'