Central Bank Will Address Liquidity at Proper Time, Zhou Says
(Shanghai) – The central bank will adjust liquidity at the proper time to ensure market stability, its governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, says.
The comments, made at the Lujiazui Financial Forum on June 28, come as a capital crunch has rattled China's financial system for weeks.
"On one hand, the central bank will guide financial institutions for reasonable credit issuance and asset arrangement to support structural adjustment and upgrading of the real economy," Zhou said. "On the other hand, it will adopt various instruments and measures to adjust market liquidity to ensure overall stability."
- Closer Look: Letting Foreign Investors Open Wholly Owned Hospitals Hardly a Cure-All
- Closer Look: Auto Industry Revved Up over Reports Rules for Imports May Change
- CNPC Pays CN$ 1 Bln To Finish Canadian Oil Sands Purchase
- Shipbuilders See More Vessel Orders, but Profits Not Trailing in Their Wake
- Chongqing Flood
- Back on Track
- China Unicom Agrees to Host Tesla Rechargers at Its Branches
- Two Shanxi Officials with Troubled Pasts Now Graft Suspects Themselves
- Agricultural Bank's Chairman Said to Take Party Post in Jilin
- After Success at Home, Smartphone Maker Eyes Long-Distance Call
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Closer Look: Anti-Corruption Czar Makes Noteworthy Appearance at CPPCC Meeting
- Retired NDRC Pricing Official 'Detained at Beijing Airport'
- Haier's New Look: 'Micro-Enterprise' Platform
- Cyanide Found in Dog Meat Sold to Restaurants, Zhejiang Court Hears
- More Officials in Scandal-Hit Shanxi Come under CDIC Scrutiny
- No Free Rides in Iraq
- Why Anti-Monopoly Investigations Are Happening Now
- Former Auditor at China Resources Group 'Detained by Police'
- Vanke Tries Promotion with Taobao amid Slowing Sales
- Baidu Disconnects from Its Plan to Join Gov't Telecoms Pilot