Analysts Debate Li's Remarks on Economy's 'Floor' and 'Ceiling'
(Beijing) – Analysts are divided about what Premier Li Keqiang meant when he recently said that policies must keep growth and employment figures above a floor level and inflation under a ceiling.
HSBC said this was the central government signaling it may soon fine tune policies to shore up the economy, which has been under stress as exports shrink.
- Deadly Plunge
- Investor Accuses ABC of Insider Trading over Sale of State-Owned Firm's Bonds
- Tech Progress Depends on More Reform, Including for Intellectual Property
- Did a Chinese Insurer Cross the Investor Line?
- Caixin China PMI: Chilly April for Factories with Index Falling to 49.4
- Fast Track
- Fund Used to Bailout Stock Markets Lose 12 percent in Value
- Former Head of CDB Leasing Denies Taking Bribes from China Southern Airlines
- Coal Addiction Spells Trouble for Wind Power Producers
- Crash Site
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter