Analysts Debate Li's Remarks on Economy's 'Floor' and 'Ceiling'
(Beijing) – Analysts are divided about what Premier Li Keqiang meant when he recently said that policies must keep growth and employment figures above a floor level and inflation under a ceiling.
HSBC said this was the central government signaling it may soon fine tune policies to shore up the economy, which has been under stress as exports shrink.
- The Hard Luck of the Persecution Machine
- Krakatau: The Tale of Lampung Submerged
- Monkey Hunting
- Home Library
- In Plans for Rural Exodus, Policymakers Must Factor in Inequality
- Caixin Summit
- Going Underground
- Experts at Caixin Summit Discuss Challenges Confronting Economic Growth
- Gov't Fleshes Out Reform to Gaokao System
- Coastal Sprawl and a Last Stand for Wetlands
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China, Russia Near Deal for Wide-Body Aircraft
- China Mobile's Dead End on the 3G Highway
- The Parenting Trap of Cultural Patterns
- Tesla's China VP Steps Down After 9-Month Stint
- Welcome to the New Normal in China
- Executed Teen Found Innocent 18 Years Later
- CRCC to Join Bid for Singapore-Kuala Lumpur Link
- Former SOE Head Handed Death Sentence for Fraud Scheme
- Indian Court Blocks Xiaomi Phone Sales
- Another PLA Officer Said to Run Afoul of Anti-Graft Investigators