Analysts Debate Li's Remarks on Economy's 'Floor' and 'Ceiling'
(Beijing) – Analysts are divided about what Premier Li Keqiang meant when he recently said that policies must keep growth and employment figures above a floor level and inflation under a ceiling.
HSBC said this was the central government signaling it may soon fine tune policies to shore up the economy, which has been under stress as exports shrink.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter