Liberal Urge Gaining Support for Bank Policy
The orchestra is tuning up for an interest rate liberalization initiative that financial analysts are calling music to their ears.
Recent high-level comments and policy statements heard in Beijing have clearly sounded a central government call for regulators to slowly relax bank lending and deposit rate controls, and thus give financial institutions more room to charge customers according to market conditions.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter