Questions as Developers Spend Big on Land Deals
(Beijing) – Official statistics show that total land transactions for commercial development in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou in the first half of the year reached 167.5 billion yuan, close to the total for all of 2012.
Since the beginning of the year, land transactions have rapidly revived in larger cities, and auction records have been broken in various cities since the beginning of May.
- November PMI at 48.6, Marking the Ninth Straight Month of Manufacturing Contraction
- The Week in Photos: Nov.21 - 27
- Four-Fifths of Medical School Graduates 'Don't Become Doctors'
- China, Germany Ideal Partners in Climate Change Fight
- China Mobile to Get Fixed-Line Broadband Assets in 32 Bln Yuan Deal
- Zhang Zhixin: The Woman who took on the 'Gang of Four'
- Growing Pains
- Cathay: Ezra Pound's re-imagination of Chinese Poetry
- The Clash of Titans: A Look Back at the Sino-Indian War
- Talking Time
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Wang Jianlin on Why the Wanda Phenomenon Works
- The Real Drivers of China's New Culture Movement
- Banks' Total Value of Bad Loans Rises for 16th Straight Quarter
- Most of World's Synthetic Drugs Made in China, Police Admit
- Gov't Announces Plan to Clean Up Rural Areas by 2020
- Closer Look: Why Official Goals for Natural Gas Use Are in Doubt
- Insurance Executive Said to Die in Office Days after Probe Started
- Chairman of Securities Firm's HK Subsidiary 'Missing for Six Days'
- China 1945: Mao's Revolution and America's Fateful Choice
- Progress at Universities Requires Outside Help, College President Says