Questions as Developers Spend Big on Land Deals
(Beijing) – Official statistics show that total land transactions for commercial development in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou in the first half of the year reached 167.5 billion yuan, close to the total for all of 2012.
Since the beginning of the year, land transactions have rapidly revived in larger cities, and auction records have been broken in various cities since the beginning of May.
- Caught in Rising China's Centrifuge
- Gov't Orders End to Sending Blood Samples Abroad for Fetus Sex Checks
- Capital Said to Plan Residence Permit System to Address Benefits Inequality
- Reserved Parking
- The New Capital of Bio-Tech and Life Sciences
- Young at Art
- Bumper Harvest
- Embattled Founder Securities 'Cannot Reach Its Chairman'
- Fantasy Islands: Chinese Dreams and Ecological Fears in an Age of Climate Crisis
- Shanghai Future: Modernity Remade
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- HR Boss of Major Telecoms Supplier 'Missing after Making Graft Allegations'
- Samsung Loses Connection with Chinese Consumers in 2014
- Scandal-Hit GlaxoSmithKline 'to Lay Off 1,000 Employees in China'
- Mao's Winding Road to Socialism
- Year after Launch of Shanghai FTZ, Three New Zones Set to Open
- PBOC Hits Back at Criticism of Currency Swap Deal with Russia
- China Boots Up an Internet Banking Industry
- Provincial, Regional Gov'ts Prepare for a More Frugal Future
- Gov't to Give Employees 60 Pct Pay Hike as Part of Pension Reform
- Banks Trying Direct Route to Online Future