Questions as Developers Spend Big on Land Deals
(Beijing) – Official statistics show that total land transactions for commercial development in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou in the first half of the year reached 167.5 billion yuan, close to the total for all of 2012.
Since the beginning of the year, land transactions have rapidly revived in larger cities, and auction records have been broken in various cities since the beginning of May.
- Brexit: The View from China
- Central Bank Governor on Multiple Objectives and Challenges
- Transcript: PBOC Governor on Multi-Objective Monetary Policy
- Deadly Twister
- Intensifying Battle over Who Controls Vanke
- In Sino-African Resource Trade, China Needs a Mindful Approach
- The Illogic of Consumption as a Growth Driver
- Support Plan for Idled Industrial Workers
- Shanghai Taxi Service Clashes with Car-Hailers
- Digging Up Death, Extortion in China's Mines
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Views: What Do Chinese Women Think of Hillary Clinton?
- China Seeks Assurances Against Possible Debt Default by Venezuela
- Mother's Fight to Exonerate Executed Son Highlights Gaping Holes in Justice System
- Lackluster Sales Signal Xiaomi's Growing Pains
- China in Major Expansion of Yuan Conversion Pilot Program
- Lessons from South Korea for China's Economic Rebalancing Act
- Chinese High Speed Rail Builder Doubts U.S. Partner's Sincerity
- China Life Insurance Joins Race to Take Chinese Healthcare Provider off NASDAQ
- Investor Pain over Mobile Medical App Strain
- Anti-Corruption Drive, Frugality Campaign Sap Banks of VPs