GDP Figures of Local Gov'ts Soar Past Beijing's Yet Again
(Beijing) – The release of first-half economic growth figures by local governments shows that a gap between national and local GDP figures continues.
As of July 28, 30 provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions have released their first-half economic figures. The only exception was the northwestern province of Qinghai.
Caixin found that the total GDP of the 30 regions was 27.96 trillion yuan. A preliminary national GDP reading released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) on July 15 was 24.8 trillion yuan.
- The Week in Photos: September 5 – 12
- Old Spice
- Britain Needs Greater Unity, Not a Messy Breakup
- Ice Challenge Is Social Media Hit, but Sufferers of Rare Diseases Still Live on Fringes
- Rules and the Ruler
- Deserted Kids
- Haining Temple
- Machinery Maker Sany Changes Its Hong Kong Listing Plan
- Graphic: Staying Competitive
- Lawyer Wins Lawsuit against Gov't over Train Ticket Fee Information
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Spectre of Corruption Haunts Huawei
- Will Education Firm New Oriental Learn or Lose?
- Provincial Police Force Shaken to Core by Graft Inquiries
- How Food Helps Calm Culture Clashes in Mixed Marriages
- UnionPay, Apple Said to Agree on U.S. Firm's New Payment Technology
- Coming to Grips with Ammonia in China's Haze
- Gov't Again Cracks Down on Schools for Migrant Workers' Children
- Closer Look: Alibaba's Looming IPO Sends Shockwaves through Bourses at Home, Abroad
- Gov't Cobbles Together Funding for Slum Renovation Projects
- Media Outlet Blackmailed over 100 Companies, Xinhua Reports