GDP Figures of Local Gov'ts Soar Past Beijing's Yet Again
(Beijing) – The release of first-half economic growth figures by local governments shows that a gap between national and local GDP figures continues.
As of July 28, 30 provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions have released their first-half economic figures. The only exception was the northwestern province of Qinghai.
Caixin found that the total GDP of the 30 regions was 27.96 trillion yuan. A preliminary national GDP reading released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) on July 15 was 24.8 trillion yuan.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter