GDP Figures of Local Gov'ts Soar Past Beijing's Yet Again
(Beijing) – The release of first-half economic growth figures by local governments shows that a gap between national and local GDP figures continues.
As of July 28, 30 provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions have released their first-half economic figures. The only exception was the northwestern province of Qinghai.
Caixin found that the total GDP of the 30 regions was 27.96 trillion yuan. A preliminary national GDP reading released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) on July 15 was 24.8 trillion yuan.
- Holiday Days
- The China Boom: Why China Will Not Rule the World
- One Point Two Billion
- Ailing Northeast Struggles to Keep Young Talent
- Much Has Changed Since Short Sellers Last Attacked HK Dollar
- Day of Play
- Software Firms Accuse Alibaba Health Subsidiary of Profiteering
- Inquiry into Guangdong Official 'Linked to Helping Sex Industry'
- Medical Fees Proposal Jolts China's Pensioners
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China Now Learning It Has 'Environmental Migrants'
- Internet Company Treats 2,000 Employees to Cruise as Holiday Present
- Alibaba Gets Bitter Pill as Gov't Said to Scrap E-Drug System
- Government Edges toward Promised Tax Reform
- Carmaker BYD Fares Well in Hometown, Struggles Elsewhere
- Caixin OnlineAnother Official Tied to Zhou Yongkang Is Handed Jail Term
- U.S. Venture Capital Firm Is Still Betting on China
- More Insiders Said to Be Linked to Agricultural Bank Scandal
- Five Major Economic Risks to Watch for This Year
- Manufacturing Slows Again to Start 2016, with Caixin China PMI at 48.4