GDP Figures of Local Gov'ts Soar Past Beijing's Yet Again
(Beijing) – The release of first-half economic growth figures by local governments shows that a gap between national and local GDP figures continues.
As of July 28, 30 provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions have released their first-half economic figures. The only exception was the northwestern province of Qinghai.
Caixin found that the total GDP of the 30 regions was 27.96 trillion yuan. A preliminary national GDP reading released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) on July 15 was 24.8 trillion yuan.
- Caixin Summit
- Caixin Summit: Locke Emphasizes Rule of Law in Speech
- Caixin Summit: Regulation of P2P Lending 'Needs to Improve'
- Caixin Summit: Having SOEs Turn over More of Their Profits
- Gov't, Scientists Struggle to Root Out Opposition to GM Foods
- How the Judicial System Can Make Its Case
- Let 2014 Be the Year of Reform
- A New Approach to Education
- Room to Improve
- In Tuesday's Papers:New Virtual Currency Grows Popular even as Bitcoins Targeted, Huijin Raises Stake in Big Four Banks
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Poseidon: China's Secret Salvage of Britain's Lost Submarine
- How Li Qiang Cheers Zhejiang’s Private Spirit
- Experts Wonder if Changes to Family-Planning Rules Are Too Little, Too Late
- Project to Save South China Tigers in South Africa Lost in Wilderness
- Why the PBOC Took the Regulatory Lead on Bitcoins
- PBOC Said to Be Talking to Major Banks about Deposit Insurance
- Central Bank, CBRC Split on Including Rural Lenders in Deposit Plan
- Industry Waits to See Whether China Mobile and Apple Will Finally Make a Deal
- TCM Still Struggling to Find Cure for Its FDA Woes
- Closer Look: Jingdong Gives Alibaba Some Company in Financial Industry