GDP Figures of Local Gov'ts Soar Past Beijing's Yet Again
(Beijing) – The release of first-half economic growth figures by local governments shows that a gap between national and local GDP figures continues.
As of July 28, 30 provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions have released their first-half economic figures. The only exception was the northwestern province of Qinghai.
Caixin found that the total GDP of the 30 regions was 27.96 trillion yuan. A preliminary national GDP reading released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) on July 15 was 24.8 trillion yuan.
- Banks Face Obstacles to Using Biometric Data for ID Purposes
- The Week in Photos: May 16-22
- Graphics: Migrant March Slows
- Will the capital's ban on smoking indoors that comes into effect on June 1 be effective?
- Views: Worth the Ride?
- The American Debate over Legal Accountability of Chinese Companies
- This is How it Really Sounds
- England's Yellow Peril
- A Search for Common Ground
- Vietnamese Brides
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Solar Panel Maker Suffering HK Share Sell-Off 'Failed to Repay Loans'
- Phone Maker Transsion Catches the African Beat
- The Big VIE Question
- Rain on CCTV's Moscow Parade Coverage
- China Unleashes Bonds to Tackle Local Debt
- Gov't Announces Plan to Upgrade Factories over Next Decade
- Tencent Expands Net Bank Experiment to 50,000 Social Media Users
- Public Hospitals to Be Opened to Investors, State Council Says
- Shanghai Transport Officials Move to Regulate Popular Taxi App
- Time for Reform Advocates to Step to the Fore