A Tale of Two Giants
India and China are suffering growth challenges. While the immediate reasons for the challenge – overdependence on hot money for India and overreach of the export/investment model for China – are different, both missed two golden opportunities to address their problems. The first was when the global economy was booming before 2008; the second came when global liquidity was rising from 2008 to 2012.
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How the Hammer Falls as China Nails Corruption
- CNPC Continues to Be Hit by Scandal as Two More Executives Fall
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Alibaba Said to Delay New York Listing until after Labor Day
- Graft Fight Will Take Years, U.S. Expert Says, but China Is Heading in Right Direction
- Sheila Patel: Investors Should Be 'Positive' about China Stocks
- The Lost Soldier of Myitkyina
- CDB Said to Get 1 Tln Yuan to Back Shantytown Renovation
- Why Do Foreign Brands 'Break Bad' in China?