Shuanghui Completes Purchase of Smithfield Foods
(Beijing) – Meat processor Shuanghui International Holdings said on September 26 it had completed the acquisition of U.S. pork producer Smithfield Foods.
The deal is worth US$ 7.1 billion, of which US$ 4 billion came from an eight-member consortium led by Bank of China (BOC). It is the most expensive acquisition by a non-state Chinese company overseas and also the largest Chinese investment in the United States.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter