Alibaba Forges Ahead with Bid to Transform Banking Industry
(Beijing) – When Jack Ma, founder and chairman of e-commerce giant Alibaba Group, vowed in 2008 to change the banking industry, the public was just beginning to understand his idea of a Net-based financial ecosystem.
Now the firm is offering small loans, securities investments and payment services. It has also ventured into insurance by co-founding a company to sell policies and settle claims online.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter