Alibaba Forges Ahead with Bid to Transform Banking Industry
(Beijing) – When Jack Ma, founder and chairman of e-commerce giant Alibaba Group, vowed in 2008 to change the banking industry, the public was just beginning to understand his idea of a Net-based financial ecosystem.
Now the firm is offering small loans, securities investments and payment services. It has also ventured into insurance by co-founding a company to sell policies and settle claims online.
- Chinese Comfort Women: Testimonies from Imperial Japan's Sex Slaves
- The Dog
- Zuckerberg Impresses Tsinghua Students with His Chinese, Even Talks Tech
- Rise and Fall of a Coal Boomtown in Shanxi Province
- Despite Ban, County Holds Convict Parade Days before Rule of Law Plenum
- Paris Expatriate
- Loft Horizon
- Fourth Plenum
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- Do you have faith in the central government's plans for cutting air pollution?
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Yellow Pearls of China: Women with a PhD
- Graphics: Ghost Towns
- China Nears Deal with Mexico to Export Bullet Trains for First Time
- Researchers Cast Doubt on State Council Goals to Cut Air Pollution
- Eight Killed and 18 Injured in Riot in Kunming Suburb, Local Gov't Says
- Graphics: The Fourth Plenum
- Huge Vale Ship Arrived in Qingdao with 300,000 Tons of Iron Ore
- The Golden Lands: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand & Vietnam
- Revision of Securities Law Is Chance to Liberalize Market
- Alibaba Shopping Site Red-Faced after Number of Phone Orders Faked