Alibaba Forges Ahead with Bid to Transform Banking Industry
(Beijing) – When Jack Ma, founder and chairman of e-commerce giant Alibaba Group, vowed in 2008 to change the banking industry, the public was just beginning to understand his idea of a Net-based financial ecosystem.
Now the firm is offering small loans, securities investments and payment services. It has also ventured into insurance by co-founding a company to sell policies and settle claims online.
- 'Important Information' vs. Information that Is Important
- Lenovo Completes US$ 2.91 Bln Deal to Buy Motorola Mobility
- Large Railroad Manufacturers Said to Consider Merger
- Village Remake
- APEC Preview
- Skies Overhead
- Two or Three Things about Mr. Lu Xun
- Film: The White Haired Witch of Lunar Kingdom
- Exhibition: The Past
- Wake up, Europe
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Rise and Fall of a Coal Boomtown in Shanxi Province
- Chinese Comfort Women: Testimonies from Imperial Japan's Sex Slaves
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- What is Authoritarianism?
- Zuckerberg Impresses Tsinghua Students with His Chinese, Even Talks Tech
- For China's Property Market, All Is Not Lost
- Cai Jinyong: A Chinese Voice at the Top of IFC
- Ministry Said to Propose Local Gov'ts Issuing Bonds to Cover Debts
- 4 Chinese Ships Stuck in Mexico since May over Iron Ore Dispute
- China Builds in Africa, but the Foundations Are Shallow