Mayor of Nanjing Investigated for Graft Involving 20 Mln Yuan
(Beijing) – The mayor of Nanjing is being investigated by the Communist Party for "serious violations of the law," the 10th official with the rank of deputy minister or higher to fall from grace since the new leadership took office last fall.
The phrase "serious violations of the law" usually means corruption, and a People's Daily article said the case involved 20 million yuan.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter