Pick Your Poison
GDP targeting no longer serves a good purpose. It sends a dangerous signal for resisting economic restructuring and sustaining speculation. Continuation of GDP targeting would lead to an economic hard landing and massive non-performing loans.
The recent upturn in GDP growth is not good news for China. It has occurred by further increasing the economic imbalance and prolonging speculation. It merely delays the inevitable economic restructuring and increases its final cost.
- Ruins of Urbanization
- In Friday's Papers: China, U.S. to Enhance Cooperation on Shale Gas; Wang Qishan 'May Only Serve Five Years'
- Fifth Chinese Artwork Sells for at Least 100 Mln Yuan in 2013
- Women and National Trauma in Late Imperial Chinese Literature
- The Chinese Art Book
- Evergrande Partners with Harvard to Build Hospital in China
- On Common Ground
- Mandela's Life
- Sina Corp., Investment Fund Management Firms Mull Net Sales
- Nationalists Pose a Problem for Two Nations
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Yi Gang: China's Forward-Thinking Forex Chief
- Gov't Grapples with Shortage of Natural Gas
- As U.S. Refuses a Dirty Fuel, China Only Too Ready to Increase Imports
- Closer Look: The Battle Lines Are Drawn for Alibaba and Tencent
- Never Ladies of Leisure
- Tough Timing
- Telecom Equipment Firm Makes Quick Financing Strike with Back-Door Listing
- More Officials Feel the Sting of Anti-Corruption Winds
- Coal Industry Finds Itself at a Crossroads
- Closer Look: Visit by Cameron Focuses on Trade and Investment