Proceed Cautiously on Land Reform
Changing current land policies and overhauling the hukou, or household registration system, are considered two necessary and complementary reforms to China's urbanization efforts, and important measures to release the so-called reform dividend. Hopes are high that the coming third plenary session of the Communist Party's 18th Central Committee will unveil land reforms.
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How the Hammer Falls as China Nails Corruption
- CNPC Continues to Be Hit by Scandal as Two More Executives Fall
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Why Do Foreign Brands 'Break Bad' in China?
- Alibaba Said to Delay New York Listing until after Labor Day
- Sheila Patel: Investors Should Be 'Positive' about China Stocks
- Graft Fight Will Take Years, U.S. Expert Says, but China Is Heading in Right Direction
- The Lost Soldier of Myitkyina
- CDB Said to Get 1 Tln Yuan to Back Shantytown Renovation