Closer Look: Why Regulators Should Take a Hard Look at P2P Lending
(Beijing) – Risks associated with peer-to-peer (P2P) lending are increasingly drawing the attention of officials and would seem to be an argument for regulators to act.
The central bank has set out three criteria for deciding whether P2P lending websites are involved in an illegal fundraising. It made the announcement after members of the inter-ministry office in charge of coordinating regulatory efforts against illegal fundraising met on November 25.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter