Yi Gang: China's Man for Market Logic
(Beijing) -- Professional experience in academia followed by a 16-year career at the People's Bank of China has given 55-year-old economist Yi Gang deep knowledge of the nation's financial operations and monetary policy process.
Yi, who serves as a central bank deputy governor as well as head of the State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE), spoke in an exclusive interview with Caixin about prudent macroeonomic policy and long-anticipated reforms for the interest rate regime.
- 'Important Information' vs. Information that Is Important
- Lenovo Completes US$ 2.91 Bln Deal to Buy Motorola Mobility
- Large Railroad Manufacturers Said to Consider Merger
- Village Remake
- APEC Preview
- Skies Overhead
- Two or Three Things about Mr. Lu Xun
- Film: The White Haired Witch of Lunar Kingdom
- Exhibition: The Past
- Wake up, Europe
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Rise and Fall of a Coal Boomtown in Shanxi Province
- Chinese Comfort Women: Testimonies from Imperial Japan's Sex Slaves
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- What is Authoritarianism?
- Zuckerberg Impresses Tsinghua Students with His Chinese, Even Talks Tech
- For China's Property Market, All Is Not Lost
- Cai Jinyong: A Chinese Voice at the Top of IFC
- 4 Chinese Ships Stuck in Mexico since May over Iron Ore Dispute
- China Builds in Africa, but the Foundations Are Shallow
- Ministry Said to Propose Local Gov'ts Issuing Bonds to Cover Debts