PLA General 'Profited from Military Housing Projects, Land Deals'
(Beijing) – A two-year investigation into a former People's Liberation Army deputy logistics chief has found that he personally benefitted from military real estate deals and building projects, sources close to the inquiry say.
During the tenure of Gu Junshan, deputy head of the PLA General Logistics Department who held the rank of lieutenant general, the PLA started large-scale building and renovation of soldier accommodation.
- Caixin Podcast: Apple's Cloud of Suspicion
- Caixin Podcast: Tmall's Fake Phone Order Fiasco
- Ministry Said to Propose Local Gov'ts Issuing Bonds to Cover Debts
- Poor and Transgender
- Leaders, Public Must Commit to Governance by Rule of Law
- For China's Property Market, All Is Not Lost
- China Builds in Africa, but the Foundations Are Shallow
- Road Test
- A Lotto-Attention
- Alibaba Shopping Site Red-Faced after Number of Phone Orders Faked
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Yellow Pearls of China: Women with a PhD
- Graphics: Ghost Towns
- China Nears Deal with Mexico to Export Bullet Trains for First Time
- Researchers Cast Doubt on State Council Goals to Cut Air Pollution
- Eight Killed and 18 Injured in Riot in Kunming Suburb, Local Gov't Says
- Party Detains Two Senior Officials for Corruption
- Huge Vale Ship Arrived in Qingdao with 300,000 Tons of Iron Ore
- Graphics: The Fourth Plenum
- Revision of Securities Law Is Chance to Liberalize Market
- The Golden Lands: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand & Vietnam