Central Gov't Preparing New Approach to Poverty Fight, Official Says
(Beijing) – The State Council and the Ministry of Finance are working on policies to better handle poverty alleviation efforts at the county level and they will be released soon, a central government official said on January 27.
Wang Guoliang, deputy director of the cabinet's Office of Poverty Alleviation and Development, said the policies would include setting up a mechanism that would eventually remove counties from an official poverty list, allowing subsidies to benefit people who really need them.
- Hidden Anguish
- In Friday's Papers: IBM Workers Strike over Lenovo Deal; Ordos Will Stop Building Homes, Mayor Says
- A French Revolution, Please!
- Lianghui Quotes：March 7
- Egypt's Road to Rejuvenation Is Opening, Veteran Diplomat Says
- Scaffold Collapse
- The Siege of Tsingtao
- The Celestials
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Lianghui Quotes: March 6
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Eyes on the Prize
- Electric Car Charging Stations Powering Down
- Zhou Family Was Influential in Jiangsu City before Corruption Inquiry
- The Logic of the Left in China
- Yuan Won't Overtake Dollar until Changes Are Made, Economist Says
- Caixin Explains: The 'Lianghui' Meetings
- From Tycoon to Target
- Gary Locke Expresses Optimism for Future of Sino-U.S. Ties
- Closer Look: So Who Stops a Run on Yu E Bao Accounts?
- China to Grow at 7.5 Pct and Focus on Reforms, Premier Says