Central Gov't Preparing New Approach to Poverty Fight, Official Says
(Beijing) – The State Council and the Ministry of Finance are working on policies to better handle poverty alleviation efforts at the county level and they will be released soon, a central government official said on January 27.
Wang Guoliang, deputy director of the cabinet's Office of Poverty Alleviation and Development, said the policies would include setting up a mechanism that would eventually remove counties from an official poverty list, allowing subsidies to benefit people who really need them.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter