Trust Product's Rescue Too Close for Comfort
(Beijing) -- Hundreds of investors were counting down to a big payoff when suddenly the trust company handling their money warned they might lose everything.
The online warning issued by China Credit Trust Co. Ltd. (CCT) on January 15 said an investment product that financed a struggling coal mining concern in the northern province of Shanxi might default. The product was to mature just two weeks later, on January 31, the first day of the lunar new year.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter