Caixin Explains: The 'Lianghui' Meetings
(Beijing) – Top lawmakers and political advisors from all over the country are gathering in the capital this week for this year's "lianghui," or sessions of the National People's Congress (NPC) and the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC).
The NPC will meet from March 5 to 13, and the CPPCC runs from March 3 to 12. The public and China watchers are especially interested in the meetings because they are the first to be held since the Communist Party announced a reform blueprint at the third full meeting of its 18th Central Committee in November.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter