Caixin Explains: The 'Lianghui' Meetings
(Beijing) – Top lawmakers and political advisors from all over the country are gathering in the capital this week for this year's "lianghui," or sessions of the National People's Congress (NPC) and the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC).
The NPC will meet from March 5 to 13, and the CPPCC runs from March 3 to 12. The public and China watchers are especially interested in the meetings because they are the first to be held since the Communist Party announced a reform blueprint at the third full meeting of its 18th Central Committee in November.
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How the Hammer Falls as China Nails Corruption
- CNPC Continues to Be Hit by Scandal as Two More Executives Fall
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Why Do Foreign Brands 'Break Bad' in China?
- Alibaba Said to Delay New York Listing until after Labor Day
- Sheila Patel: Investors Should Be 'Positive' about China Stocks
- Graft Fight Will Take Years, U.S. Expert Says, but China Is Heading in Right Direction
- CDB Said to Get 1 Tln Yuan to Back Shantytown Renovation
- CBRC Approves Three Private Banks as Part of Pilot