Caixin Explains: The 'Lianghui' Meetings
(Beijing) – Top lawmakers and political advisors from all over the country are gathering in the capital this week for this year's "lianghui," or sessions of the National People's Congress (NPC) and the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC).
The NPC will meet from March 5 to 13, and the CPPCC runs from March 3 to 12. The public and China watchers are especially interested in the meetings because they are the first to be held since the Communist Party announced a reform blueprint at the third full meeting of its 18th Central Committee in November.
- Fighting for Breath
- Graphic: Level of Distrust
- Forsaking the Fluff, China Joins the Cloud
- Media Watch: Xinhua, People's Daily in Rare Tussle, over Rate Cuts
- Watchdog Repeats Order to Remove Net TV Apps from E-Stores
- Peng Visits Delhi
- iPhone 6 Launch
- Caixin Podcast: Will Jack Ma Drop Hangzhou for Hong Kong?
- Caixin Podcast: No Ordinary Heist in Dalian
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- UnionPay, Apple Said to Agree on U.S. Firm's New Payment Technology
- Coming to Grips with Ammonia in China's Haze
- After Years of Dominance, UnionPay's Enemies Arrive at the Gates
- New-Energy Car Market Is Open Road, BYD CEO Wang Chuanfu Says
- Closer Look: Alibaba's Looming IPO Sends Shockwaves through Bourses at Home, Abroad
- PBOC Punishes Payment Companies for Mishandling Bank Card Transactions
- Amid Market Downtown, China's Developers Dig In
- Media Outlet Blackmailed over 100 Companies, Xinhua Reports
- Cutting Pay of SOE Bosses Just the Beginning of Necessary Changes
- Shenzhen's Qianhai Zone Joins Overseas E-Commerce Pilot