Caixin Explains: The 'Lianghui' Meetings
(Beijing) – Top lawmakers and political advisors from all over the country are gathering in the capital this week for this year's "lianghui," or sessions of the National People's Congress (NPC) and the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC).
The NPC will meet from March 5 to 13, and the CPPCC runs from March 3 to 12. The public and China watchers are especially interested in the meetings because they are the first to be held since the Communist Party announced a reform blueprint at the third full meeting of its 18th Central Committee in November.
- 'Important Information' vs. Information that Is Important
- Lenovo Completes US$ 2.91 Bln Deal to Buy Motorola Mobility
- Large Railroad Manufacturers Said to Consider Merger
- Village Remake
- APEC Preview
- Skies Overhead
- Two or Three Things about Mr. Lu Xun
- Film: The White Haired Witch of Lunar Kingdom
- Exhibition: The Past
- Wake up, Europe
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Rise and Fall of a Coal Boomtown in Shanxi Province
- Chinese Comfort Women: Testimonies from Imperial Japan's Sex Slaves
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- What is Authoritarianism?
- Zuckerberg Impresses Tsinghua Students with His Chinese, Even Talks Tech
- For China's Property Market, All Is Not Lost
- Cai Jinyong: A Chinese Voice at the Top of IFC
- 4 Chinese Ships Stuck in Mexico since May over Iron Ore Dispute
- Ministry Said to Propose Local Gov'ts Issuing Bonds to Cover Debts
- China Builds in Africa, but the Foundations Are Shallow