Closer Look: Pilot of Flight 370 an 'Ordinary Person,' Says Ex-Colleague
Zaharie Ahmad Shah
(Kuala Lumpur) – A former colleague of the pilot of Malaysia Airlines flight 370 described him as ordinary, and said he could not fathom what would make him or his co-pilot do a "stupid thing."
Flight 370 was last heard from at 1:19 a.m. on March 8 when the co-pilot, Fariq Abdul Hamid, told air traffic controllers in Malaysia: "All right, good night." No recording of captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah's voice during the ill-fated flight has been released.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter