War of Words Erupts over Shenzhen Fund for Disabled People
(Beijing) – A dispute over a fund for disabled people in the southern city of Shenzhen has erupted, prompting a response from state media and shedding light on the lack of transparency regarding such money in the country's large cities.
In late May, Huang Haiquan, a former employee of the Shenzhen Minai Disabled Service Center, told media outlets that money in a fund intended to benefit the disabled had been misappropriated. He did not specify who took the money or how much had gone missing.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter