Chinese Workers 'Forced to Return to Iraq Building Site'
(Beijing) – Chinese workers building a power plant in an area of northern Iraq hit by violence failed to reach Baghdad and have returned to the construction site, two relatives of workers said on June 25.
"Not a single one has managed to reach Baghdad," said a woman whose husband works at the site in Samarra. The woman, who spoke by phone with her husband, said the workers are stranded.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter