Chinese Workers 'Forced to Return to Iraq Building Site'
(Beijing) – Chinese workers building a power plant in an area of northern Iraq hit by violence failed to reach Baghdad and have returned to the construction site, two relatives of workers said on June 25.
"Not a single one has managed to reach Baghdad," said a woman whose husband works at the site in Samarra. The woman, who spoke by phone with her husband, said the workers are stranded.
- The Hard Luck of the Persecution Machine
- Krakatau: The Tale of Lampung Submerged
- Monkey Hunting
- Home Library
- In Plans for Rural Exodus, Policymakers Must Factor in Inequality
- Caixin Summit
- Going Underground
- Experts at Caixin Summit Discuss Challenges Confronting Economic Growth
- Gov't Fleshes Out Reform to Gaokao System
- Coastal Sprawl and a Last Stand for Wetlands
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China, Russia Near Deal for Wide-Body Aircraft
- China Mobile's Dead End on the 3G Highway
- The Parenting Trap of Cultural Patterns
- Tesla's China VP Steps Down After 9-Month Stint
- Welcome to the New Normal in China
- Executed Teen Found Innocent 18 Years Later
- CRCC to Join Bid for Singapore-Kuala Lumpur Link
- Former SOE Head Handed Death Sentence for Fraud Scheme
- Indian Court Blocks Xiaomi Phone Sales
- Another PLA Officer Said to Run Afoul of Anti-Graft Investigators