- Why 'gentleman' matters
- The Chinese government often says it wants to build up its soft power, but for this to happen it may have to embrace its heritage and adopt a gentler approach04.11.2014
- Exhibition: Body Loud
- Ryan McGinley's images depict a vital bloom of youth culture hovering between fantasy and reality
- Book: Back from the Dead
- He Jiahong presents the true story of a well-known wrongful conviction case, offering a suspense-filled journey into the criminal justice system04.11.2014
- Music Review: '3'
- Album '3' continues on Carsick Cars' run as one of China's most distinctive indie rock bands 04.06.2014
- Movie Review: American Dreams in China
- Coming of age story about three young men in Beijing with a dream to start a chain of English-language schools 04.06.2014
- Who's Afraid of Patriotism?
- Patriotism may be sweet and fitting when it fosters a sense of shared interests but extreme patriotism – the kind that leads to hostility for other countries – is morally unacceptable04.05.2014
- Exhibition: Subversive Undertones
- Jesse McLin's dynamic compositions form edges which push against each other
- Movie Review: Horseplay
- Tony Leung plays a slickster baddie in comedy heist set in Prague and London03.28.2014